My first attempt at Bonchi

Moruga I got from Jim Duffy.  If it lives passed tonight's heavy pruning I'll get it a proper bonsai pot. Hope all goes well.

LZ68Pn9.jpg

Thank you.  Wish I had older plants with sticker stems.  I got my plants late and am a first year pepper grower. 

PepperDaddler said:
How will it live without leaves?
Think of it as a haircut.  Like most plants, if the roots are good cutting all of its leaves off shouldn't harm it.  If it survives the shock of both root trimming and branch trimming, it will be full of leaves in no time. Like compmodder mentioned though, it's still got a couple little leaf starts on it right now.  I hope it doesn't even try to grow them right now and it focuses on root regrowth instead.  I sprinkled some root hormone on the soil right before watering last night after I done the trim.  Little trick I always use when repotting, root trimming or after a heavy prune of veggies.  Used it on some reapers that looked horrible that I had to repot and it roted well afterwards.  Could be a fluke but I do believe it's helped me a bunch. 
For those who don't know about bonchi.  I just found out about it a coupkle of days ago from http://www.fatalii.net/Bonsai_Chiles_Bonchi

Back