• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

My first attempt...

I was given about 60 fruit bearing trees and bushes last week and in my mind, that just about makes me a farmer. I have decided I want to growing a lot of different fruits and veggies this spring. I have never done this before, but after some reading and the help of youtube, I started with some super hot seeds 2 days ago. Again, I have NEVER attempted anything like this, so I would like to keep a Glog here with you guys to get pointers, laughed at, and congratulated hopefully, lol

At the very least, I can share the experience with people who have done these already.

D-Day...seeds go in the dirt!

1479468_10201192384837303_1611060942_n_zpsd3331e7b.jpg

I planted 20 Moruga scorpion seeds, 10 carloina reapers, 10 each of Purple, white, red, chocolate, yellow, peach, and green Bhutlah. I know I went WAY overboard with these, but I wanted to make sure that I had a few of each make it. I kind of hope that I do not end up with 90 plants, but I am sure I can give some away, haha. I used a seed starter soil and a Jiffy greenhouse set up. Its about 80 degrees at night here, so I need to get a little heat on these guys. I plan on putting them in my shed outside with a warm light. I will be covering the greenhouse so they do not get any of the light. I read that its better to get them started in the dark. Opinions greatly appreciated! I plan on taking a pic every day, but no need to post till I see some results

1459752_10201192384717300_1048561752_n_zpsbf07bc07.jpg

I see everyone else listing what they have in the dirt, so I want to do that too, lol

Planted on 12/2

Chocolate Bhuts x10
Peach Bhuts x10
Orange Bhuts x10
Green Bhuts x10
White Bhuts x10
Purple Bhuts x10
Trinidad Scorpion x20
Carolina Reaper x10

Planted on 12/5
Yellow sweet peppers x30
Red sweet peppers x10
Orange sweet peppers x5
Peter Peppers x20

Planted on 12/6
Cayenne peppers x12
Green bell pepper x 24
yellow banana pepper x12

Planted on 12/11
Bishops caps x 12
red jalapeno x12

Planted 12/13 (Friday the 13th!)

Naga morich x 10
Red fatlii x10
Douglah x10
Yellow fatalli x10
7 pot chocolate x10
7 pot brain strain x10
Mustard habanero x10
Black Congo x10
Monster douglah x10
Black naga x10

Ts x ghost x10
Cappachino habanero x10
Yellow naga x brain strain x10
Red habanero x10
7 pot white x10
7 pot changuana x10
Dorset naga x10
Yellow douglah x10
Red congo x10 
Yellow Congo x10

Non pepper related grow:
Parsley
sage
dill
rosemary
garlic
cilantro

Planting soon:
Yellow butch t
Bhut indian carbon
Naga X Brain strain
Tasmanian Habenero
Cappucino Habenero
Giant White Habenero
Infinity pepper
Chocolate Carolina Reaper
Chocolate Trinidad Scorpions
Bishops Cap
Majah X
Red 7 Pot
Bengel Naga
White 7 pot

Hoping to get:
Morugas
7 pot primos 
...and just about anything else I can get my hands on :)

Good luck with your grow season I hope you get 100% germanation and tons of peppers its all trial and error forshure.............

I planted 20 "peter pepper" seeds, 30 yellow sweet pepper and 10 yellow and red sweet pepper seeds in my other greenhouse today. I want to pick up a few packs of seeds from the gardening shop by my house tomorrow since I need to go check on some supplies anyway. I am getting 13 different types of peppers saturday that I was told from the seller to cull the seeds to grow, so this is becoming a really fun hobby. 

If anyone has any extra seeds laying around (plants, flowers, peppers, whatever) I will gladly pay postage to take them off of your hands. I want to get as much experience with growing as I can. I see these "seed trains" on the forums and I would love to get involved with those at some point when I have a little to offer in return.

Also, I have decided to convert my old shed into a grow room. I am getting two 4 bulb, 48" fixtures from work for lighting, already have an AC (if needed) and electricity in the shed. All I really need to do is clean it out this weekend and start setting up. I used to raise snakes and other reptiles in there a few years ago, this room is perfect to use for just about anything!

Any suggestions on light bulbs? Can I over do the lighting?

4 days in, no signs of life yet, lol

started the second and third seed flat with some various seeds I picked up from the nursery by my house. Letting the kids do those so they avoid anything pepper related at all costs

Tim Vader said:
4 days in, no signs of life yet, lol

started the second and third seed flat with some various seeds I picked up from the nursery by my house. Letting the kids do those so they avoid anything pepper related at all costs
Takes a while for these seeds to sprout don't lose hope just yet.  Are you using a heat mat and a humidity dome?

Got my first sign of life today!

6 days from planting and a little white bhut has broken the surface. Hoping the next 2 days show many more signs of growth :)
63f6f744-5a1f-43df-ba64-6a990ed93449_zps4a3619e3.jpg

I think my soil might be too wet. There is no water in the bottom of the tray, but there is a lot of condensation inside the little greenhouse. Should I leave the top off awhile and let it dry out some?

I have them outside in my old snake room with a small heater and I am using the plastic seed start kit from jiffy. My ambient temp is about 91 degrees, I turned the heat down just a tad. I read that they love 85 degrees

If the soil itself is WET not DAMP you might want to air out a little at a time. Condensation on the dome shouldnt be a problem but youll get to know when it looks like there is too much. Sounds like a hot room!

its damp, not soaking wet. I am going to let it air out for an hour or so just to be sure. Like I said, there is nothing in the bottom of the tray, so I dont think its too bad.

I used some seed starter from Home Depot on these. I grabbed a bag from a nursery the other day for some bell peppers and a few other things, it was much different in consistency, look, and color. I was worried that the stuff I had previously gotten was too dry.

Temp is holding great at 86 right now :)

Nice grow list!

Your lights question:

I'm impressed with the T5 lights, but they are a bit pricey.

Regarding too wet question:

Read up on dampening off.

Good luck this season!

I went and checked oout the "crop: ( :) ) and I did not see any fungus or mold, everything looks fine. I did, however, see another stem poking up and another tiny green curl making its way through. I think tomorrow morning will be pretty interesting for me. All 3 of the stems are white bhuts, I guess they were ideal in the middle of the tray.

This is very difficult to get a shot of, but here is my little fella

536308e7-9e43-4079-a9bb-84f21471bac7_zps4dab8147.jpg

+1 on reading about the damp off! 

Just twice a day huh Scott?  Morning, Noon, Evening and Night here!

Good luck with your season Tim Vader!

Back