• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

video My first Dorset Naga, Video included!!

Nick you nutter! lol
How'd it work its way through the system, any probs...??!!

Grimsby ehh...got married close to there, Woodhall Spa near Horncastle....nice area.

Nick you nutter! lol
How'd it work its way through the system, any probs...??!!

Grimsby ehh...got married close to there, Woodhall Spa near Horncastle....nice area.

Well you only live once!!

not too bad, although I did have quite bad stomach pains that night... maybe because it'd been 6 hours since my lunch and I couldn't face tea afterwards! The next morning wasn't too bad though, I think that was because although very hot, there was such a small quantity.

Yes your right it is a nice area, Ive been to Woodhall Spa a few times! Stayed at Bainland park and the Golf hotel.

Quite the endorphin rush the Dorset Naga, yeah? +5 Chilehead cred for filming it. That water might as well be a letter of disapproval though. A long held myth (now pretty well punctured by the Chilehead community) is that water helps remove the pain. We now know that it does nothing to capsaicin, and likely intensifies its effects by moving it around the same surface area. Milk or creams on the other hand contain enzymes that draw out capsaicin, though anecdotal evidence shows its ability is fleeting at best. Best to just ride out the storm.

The hiccups you mention happen because of an abrupt switch in the way we breathe in response to the "shock" of the heat. Since hiccups aren't an actual medical condition (just our breathing rhythm being tricked/or startled off-sync), relaxing the diaphragm and effectively "embracing" the heat is a good way to stop them. Though, it's easy for me to type that sitting here behind a keyboard without a Dorset Naga in my mouth (I have tried them).

You got a little quiet there? :lol:

Next time make sure you eat before you eat a superhot, it'll minimize the stomach pains!

drool.gif
the chic in the background is hott

Back