• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

my first drunke post

it had to happen eventually;

Any how, the purpose of this wasn't share my inebriaton but show an awesome find at Fairway Market by my office. Stopped by on my way to happy hour to see if they had anything cool and lo and behold. Some sort of chinense, they're big, they're yellow, the HOT and fruity, almost a pineapplish taste. I took a picture but can't seem to get them from my camera to the internet right now, cant remember my password for the life of me. Will update with pic tomiorrow.

Got so excited when i saw one i just popped one in my mouth. Sweating bullets at the checkout register, cashier looks at me and goes "are you ok?" i nod my head mumble mm hmm. She looks at the only thing i'm buying and says "you ate one didnt you?" i shake my head and go "mmm mmm" she turns around and taps her coworker and says something in Spanish to her and points to me they both start giggling. I respond "don't act like you're not impressed" they laugh harder.

I have a Fairway by me but they only have serranos and jalapenos! Poblanos once in awhile. I don't understand, Fairway is supposed to be the bomb. You're lucky to a better selection.

seems like a interesting night for you. cant wait for the pics... oh and get one of the spanish chicks if they are good looking also.

Ok, here are the Yellow Fairway Chinense. Definitely saving seeds if anyones interested. Not super hot, bout the same level as your typical hab but got a great fruity flavor.
yellowfairways.JPG

Novacastrian said:
Spanish eyesssss, blue spanish eyyeesssssss...

Were they hot? No not the peppers the chicks!

Brown eyes, wouldn't say hot, but one of them was pretty cute, the other one was old and overweight.

thehotpepper.com said:
I have a Fairway by me but they only have serranos and jalapenos! Poblanos once in awhile. I don't understand, Fairway is supposed to be the bomb. You're lucky to a better selection.

Yeah, this fairway (upper west side) is pretty good. With the exception of one month during the winter when all they had were green pods they always have some nice chinense types. Sometimes orange habs, sometimes red, varying sizes and shapes, this was the first time i saw these yellows. Almost always super fresh too. Good beer and coffee selection as well.

Think the ones i had yesterday were the odd ones out. Had a another today in a sandwich and made a sauce and they are MUCH hotter than an O Hab. I'm liking these alot, will probably go back to Fairway and clean them out tomorrow.

Since it had a pineapplish flavor i decided to make a pineapple hot sauce.

8 pods
1 lime
Fresh pineapple about 1:3 pineapple to pepper ratio
pinch of salt
pinch of raw sugar
blended and reduced

Was fantastic on my green papaya salad.
pineapplesauce.JPG

Back