• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My first grow

Decided to turn my furnace room into an indoor grow room, why? I'm not quite sure. All I know is that I'm having a blast and it's become very addictive. Thanks to all of you who have helped me along and answered all my questions.

Lined the walls with Permaflect. Using a Hydrofarm reflector, 600 watt ballast with a 6" Vortex fan which is currently connected into a carbon filter. Planning on venting out into the garage, just haven't gotten that far yet.

IMG_0838.jpg

Growing 6 plants in ProMix BX and 1 in a GenHydro Waterfarm, Bhut Jolokia.

IMG_0839.jpg

So far they have been under the metal halide since 09/20/10. They are really growing. I've already had to pinch off some buds on several plants.

IMG_0836.jpg

they look a bit wilted, did you just turn on the light to take photos of it?

they normally wilt abit when there's no light

At the time I didn't feel like venting the air out into the garage, I'll be getting around to it within the next week or so. The air flow that the fan threw out was pretty strong so I just mounted it to a carbon filter which helped out tremendously.

growing indoors to full maturity can be expensive but it sure as hell is fun! a lot of tweaking until you finally get a system that works for you! i used to grow in a grow tent under light but due to lack of space i've had to give up :( maybe one day i'll clear out one of the bedrooms and put up my grow tent again. looks like you got things down pretty nicely. if you're only using the carbon filter to bring down the air flow try using one of these:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390065428100&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

might extend your filter's life time!
good luck and looking forward for updates/pictures :cheers:

Are you going to try and grow+harvest indoors or are you planning on moving them outside in the spring? Nice setup, I'm going to follow your progress for sure.

For this batch, strictly indoors. I live outside chicago so the weather is not going to be in my favor within a week or so as u know being from illinois. I'm going to switch over to a high pressure sodium bulb once its time for the plants to start flowering. I already have had to pinch off dozens of buds from the plants and still have more to do. They are all growing quite well, minus the bhut in the waterfarm. Its growing but the bottom leaves don't seem to be doing so great as they've browned and pretty much fallen off. Top leaves look great and getting new growth too so ill have to wait and and see what happens. If anything I've learned a ton already from all the members and their infinite knowledge base. Hopefully these will do their thing and they will produce. Ill post more pics soon. Thanks, mike.

So it's been 18 days since my post and everything seems to be going well. Plants have really taken off and are doing well, at least in my opinion. I have been pinching off buds on a daily basis. Been using Botanincare Pro Grow in conjunction with Cal/Mag, Aquashield and Liquid Karma.

IMG_0877.jpg

The Bhut Jolokia is about 1' tall now.
IMG_0874.jpg

My Bhut in the Waterfarm struggled at first. Lost some leaves toward the bottom. Not sure if this was from the water spray from the waterings. Purchased a Hanna PH/EC/PPM meter and it has really started to grow. Keeping the PH at 6.0. Have to check it daily. Usually goes up .6 to .7 every day.
IMG_0875.jpg

The Bhut planted in ProMix BX is also starting to get buds.
IMG_0878.jpg

Back