My first Lemon Drop pod

cone9

eXtreme
Here's my first Lemon Drop pod.  I cannot wait to try these. (Said one buzzard to another; "Patience my ass, I'm gonna kill something")

LemonDrop - I took 8 pics and this is the best I could get focused on the pod.

Mexican Sour Gerkin - these will be pickled with some hot peppers

The raised beds - morning sun kinda' washed me out.

Fixed.

The gerkins are new to me this year.   I got the seed from Baker Creek.   I like to make pickles and these seemed like a cool little fruit.

Wow, those little gherkins sound really cool from the descriptions I found.  Definitely something to plan on for next year.

The lemon drops seem like a good candidate to add a little pop to a fresh salad with the gherkins, too.  Maybe one of those cukes-in-vinegar salads, but with an edge.

-NT

Nice! Just think in a few weeks its gonna look like this one i just picked!

CAM00800_zpsb8c7240b.jpg

My largest is 5mm!  How long to maturity from that size?

Was that plant wintered over or did you start plants a LOT earlier than me.  Peoria is due west of Dover - you should be so far ahead!

Nigel said:
Hope that Aji lemon ripens up quickly for you. They are great peppers!!!
That particular one may not.  We had a torrential thunderstorm with very high winds last evening.  A couple of my tomato plants, the ground cherry and cuc were on their sides and some bent branches on some peppers including that branch.

I was out there in near dark late last night straightening up plants.  I up-righted that pepper branch and tied it to a support this am.

Weather has be crappy so far this season!

cone9 said:
My largest is 5mm!  How long to maturity from that size?

Was that plant wintered over or did you start plants a LOT earlier than me.  Peoria is due west of Dover - you should be so far ahead!
planted it January 16th
CAM00806_zpsd269787b.jpg

I think i studs have potted it up earlier tho. Just didn't have room. I'm going to repot it because its one big root ball in that bucket.
She's thirsty today. Lol
CAM00805_zps128b0506.jpg

They seem to grow within a few weeks.. Feels like forever tho.
CAM00808_zps1c27f593.jpg

The bigger the plant the bigger the pods will be too. I have a smaller one and its pods are half the size. These are at least 3 inches long

Sweet looking plant!  Mine isn't nearly so bushy.  Is that just one plant?

The pod pictured above is done for - the branch is wilted.  However, the rest of the plant is fine and setting many pods, as are all the other peppers.  I may go out and eat that tiny pod - am I allowed to do a review on a 5mm pepper?  

Looks like we'll get 4 or 5 days to dry out before the rain comes again.

cone9 said:
Sweet looking plant!  Mine isn't nearly so bushy.  Is that just one plant?

The pod pictured above is done for - the branch is wilted.  However, the rest of the plant is fine and setting many pods, as are all the other peppers.  I may go out and eat that tiny pod - am I allowed to do a review on a 5mm pepper?  

Looks like we'll get 4 or 5 days to dry out before the rain comes again.
Yup just one. Its in a mix of leftover potting soils and got some compost mixed in. I should have got a pic of the root ball. I'm gonna put it in a 5 gallon this weekend i think.

Back