• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My First Pepper Opened!

Well, after some days of letting it to ripen, i finally decided to cut the pepper off and slice it open..............and even though i cant tolerate too much the spicy stuff, i decided to lick the pepper and.......holy balls that was intense, i felt just a freaking shock of pain increasing in my mouth, i mean i dont even know if its really a Moruga or not, like i said in my previous post mainly because of the size, but the burn was something insane, although in a way i can say it wasnt AS BAD as i thought it would be, but well i think it was mainly because of two things

1- i just licked a tiny bit of the pepper

2- it turned out a bit too small, so maybe the capsaicin was not as concentrated as it should be

Well at any rate, im pleased with the result, i actually recorded my reaction when i licked that bugger, im gonna post it later, here im sharing some pictures of the little devil

2z8zzbc.jpg

Before opening it, my hand is pretty much standard size, so you can get a reference of the size of the pepper

svhyee.jpg

The inside of it

Thanks for reading folks :D

Judging by the inside, im still not sure if its a legitimate Trinidad Moruga, but i can certainly say that the burn was something i've never experimented before

That looks like a moruga. but to be sure you will have to cut a piece 1/2 the size of a dime and eat it. Then you will truly know a super hot.

Put it this way, you will have been baptized with fire!

CAPCOM said:
That looks like a moruga. but to be sure you will have to cut a piece 1/2 the size of a dime and eat it. Then you will truly know a super hot.

Put it this way, you will have been baptized with fire!

i just licked the thing and it was enough to blow up my senses, actually, as a little update i just returned from my martial arts training, and i took one of those half pieces with me, and a friend of mine wanted to try it, he ate half of the piece i took with me, although he first ate a little bit, he felt the heat but not that much so he took a bite of the other chunk, and then he nearly shat brix
as an extra bit, he said he once ate a whole Bhut Jolokia once, and even though he nearly cried and that burn lasted for about 40 minutes, he says the burn was a lot more intense than that time, although the duration of the burn was not that long, which was about 5 minutes (for the record, he ate just the wall, not the placenta)

ToTo088 said:

i just licked the thing and it was enough to blow up my senses, actually, as a little update i just returned from my martial arts training, and i took one of those half pieces with me, and a friend of mine wanted to try it, he ate half of the piece i took with me, although he first ate a little bit, he felt the heat but not that much so he took a bite of the other chunk, and then he nearly shat brix
as an extra bit, he said he once ate a whole Bhut Jolokia once, and even though he nearly cried and that burn lasted for about 40 minutes, he says the burn was a lot more intense than that time, although the duration of the burn was not that long, which was about 5 minutes (for the record, he ate just the wall, not the placenta)
You will find that when it comes to hot and super hot peppers there are as many ways to get scorched as there are different taste profiles in the peppers. different types of burns in different places for different lengths of time. some forgiving and some relentless.

you dont need to understand what im saying to know that pepper utterly kicked my ass xD

CAPCOM said:
I didn't quite understand, Did he say, send him our hottest stuff so he could eat it on camera?

Well actually not really but in a way i would be interested in growing other super hots xD

ToTo088 said:
you dont need to understand what im saying to know that pepper utterly kicked my ass xD

Well actually not really but in a way i would be interested in growing other super hots xD
Yes, I could see that. Now just think what its like to chew on one for a few minutes.

CAPCOM said:
Yes, I could see that. Now just think what its like to chew on one for a few minutes.

Actually a friend of mine just came to my house and we recorded another video, we took a tiny bit of the pepper, chewed for some seconds and swallowed....THAAAAAAANKFULLY this time we were prepared, we had some ice cream ready, but even with that it was 10 minutes of having a intense burn returning over and over again no matter how much ice cream you had in your mouth, in total it was like 15 minutes of hell, although the last 5 were not THAAT BAD but still the feeling is horrible

ToTo088 said:

Actually a friend of mine just came to my house and we recorded another video, we took a tiny bit of the pepper, chewed for some seconds and swallowed....THAAAAAAANKFULLY this time we were prepared, we had some ice cream ready, but even with that it was 10 minutes of having a intense burn returning over and over again no matter how much ice cream you had in your mouth, in total it was like 15 minutes of hell, although the last 5 were not THAAT BAD but still the feeling is horrible
Some advice if you do much more adventures with super hots. Eat something first, you want to have something on your stomach and have fresh cold dairy products around. Like you did later.

You need to check out Nigel Carter. He does reviews on here and posts to YouTube. He has a phenomenal tolerance to capsaicin and eats whole pods like you eat butter cookies.

CAPCOM said:
Some advice if you do much more adventures with super hots. Eat something first, you want to have something on your stomach and have fresh cold dairy products around. Like you did later.

You need to check out Nigel Carter. He does reviews on here and posts to YouTube. He has a phenomenal tolerance to capsaicin and eats whole pods like you eat butter cookies.

i will keep it in mind, specially if im gonna keep trying to munch those little buggers until i actually dare to eat a whole one xD
And also, I actually keep close track of Ted Barrus's videos, he was actually the one who inspired me to look more into the world of hot peppers, but when it comes to tolerance, "The Machine" is one of the top notch eaters

ToTo088 said:

i will keep it in mind, specially if im gonna keep trying to munch those little buggers until i actually dare to eat a whole one xD
And also, I actually keep close track of Ted Barrus's videos, he was actually the one who inspired me to look more into the world of hot peppers, but when it comes to tolerance, "The Machine" is one of the top notch eaters
Yeah, I watched Ted also, But Nigel doesn't vomit. have a look.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvpwCBbWBXpc-AzNlkEf8RA

Back