• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies My first real print

Like some of you already know I gave myself a 3D printer for my birthday.

After hubby and I spent 3 days trying to level the print bed and running what felt like a gazillion test prints we finally managed to get to a somewhat decent result.

For my first 'real' print I chose this pod for my Aerogarden that I found on Thingiverse. It's meant for rooting cuttings without sponges/soil.

I printed 7 but when I took the photo hubby had already put 3 of them in the Aerogarden.

Attachments

• My first real print.jpg
    My first real print.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 126
Oh yes, over and over and ......

And the test print that came with the printer numerous times and a couple of other test prints I found on Thingiverse.

And the 'auto leveling' feature that the printer came with which just messed everything up again.

Now the prints are ok but I'm sure everything could be better if I just knew what I was doing ;-)

Check the springs under the bed, the stock ones usualy are crap, see if they have too much play, if so get the Brass ones that are online to upgrade, makes a huge differance. Used to be I had to level every time and even then , filament sticking to the bed was a real problem.
Depending on what machine you have;
https://www.banggood.com/5pcs-Creality-3D-825mm-Leveling-Spring-For-CR-10S-PROCR-X-3D-Printer-Extruder-Heated-Bed-Part-p-1439955.html?cur_warehouse=CN&rmmds=search

(you could have the Mod move the thread to the 3D Printing thread :) )

It's an Anycubic Chiron.

Thanks for the tip regarding springs. I'll check out the possibilities for my printer.

I asked the Boss to move the thread as you suggested.

Did you also go a little overboard with filament? I've got 15 kg on my shelf atm. :rolleyes:

lol, most of my spools are just about empty, got 8 empty ones stacked up lol, two more on the way to finish my second Hydroponic square container. Got six spools with less then 100gr on them at the moment. Printing another Yogurt container one so the Green will be about gone when thats done.

I really like the yogurt container but we don't really eat a lot of yogurt in this house and when someone finally does it comes in 1 liter cartons.

Looks like you're running low ;-). Do you repurpose the empty spools?

Where do you get your filament from? Mine is from Ebay Germany and from AliExpress and I was lucky enough to buy some cheap from a guy on DBA which is sorta like the Danish equivalent to Ebay (and since some years back actually owned by Ebay).

By the way, the Bossman says the thread is fine where it is so I just click my heels and say 'Yes Boss'  :rofl:

DontPanic said:
This is pretty cool (as a fellow AeroGarden user).
Thanks. There's a lot of different Aerogarden designs on Thingiverse which reminds me, I should probably post the link to the pods here if anyone wants to try them out.

Yes, I used the scaling option with a key holder in Cura. But I'm quite sure that no matter how much scaling I try it won't fit a 1 liter milk/yogurt carton ;)

I've been looking at some of the print files for spool drawers and there's actually prints for some of 'my' spools. I just have to empty some first ;-)

I looked at the banggood link and did a search for springs for my Chiron but none came up. I guess I'll have to check the measurements and see if there's a generic spring that will fit.

Back