• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My first shot at growing peppers.

Cotyledons are a darker green than the first set of true leaves. Is this normal or is the seedling lacking nutrients?
IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

seedling was germinated in a rapid rooter plug and once it popped thru, moved it to a 2.5 inch pot with Promix BX.

If in BX, they should be fine. At most I'd give them a dose of worm team and a weak solution of epsom salts (1 tablespoon/gal distilled water).

And I'm assuming use the weak solution of epsom salt for all my waterings thereafter or should I just spray the leaves in addition to regular waterings? How long should I do this for? Thanks

I'm growing all but one in soil and I'm planning on growing one in a drip system, indoors under a 600 watt lighting system. I picked up some Cal Mag by Bontanicare after reading some other posts too, I'll give it a try and see how it works. I did however give them one treatment of a weak epsom salt solution and it did seem to help somewhat. I'm new to all of this so I'm not sure if one treatment was supposed to do it or if it takes several. Just gonna wait to see what happens.

They look fine to me - the first true leaves being a bit lighter than the cotyledons is normal.

The cotyledons contain the nutrients needed to get the plant at least to the first true leaves, and some say to the 2nd. I wouldn't be giving them anything just yet, but that's just me.

Yellow is usually a sign of overwatering, not under-fertilizing. But it's moot at this stage - those seedlings are so new, you probably need to just step back and let them grow a little.

Sorry to hijack your thread, kcso53, but does anyone know if the yellowing of leaves could be a light issue also? I've had my light turned off for about the last 30 hours (had to take a trip outta town) and all my little fellas are horribly yellow like I've never seen before.

I've seen something similar happen to my plants when i leave my seedlings in floros for too long. They yellow up coz it's all the light they've ever gotten. I do a 18-6 hour cycle. Then i move them in sunlight and they go bonkers crazy and grow and are a lot greener.

Back