• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My first time growing Habanero's

Hi , am new to the forum, been a long time lurker and thought it was time to sign up :)

I brought my habanero plant for £2 (one of those seeds and soil pot things) , anyway after the plant had grown to about 4 inches i transfered it to a bigger pot.

I have grown the plant indoors on my kitchen window sill, i havent used any plant foods, just water, after i planted it into a bigger pot, all the flowers on the plant droped off, can only think this was because of the fact i replanted it ?..

Anyway the plant is now doing really well, i counted at least 45 pods on the plant today, all flowering well.

Video shows the plant, am really happy with its progress, am i likely to see any fruit this late on ? the room the plant is kept in is kept above 19c

Im not so sure about peppers, but replanting does stress plants. Some handle it better than others and some cant take it at all witout dying. Obviously, peppers dont suffer too much from it, but flower drop might be a side effect. I know two of my small plants that I repotted and am acclimating to less humidity wilted a little bit right after repotting. They are fine tho. Thats what I would assume if they all dropped at once. Otherwsie, it could be lack of pollination or too much heat but that wouldnt be all in one shot probably. they would have to bloom and then fall off if they werent pollinated.

You didn't say when you planted your Hab... I started a couple of Orange Habs from seed in February and planted them outside in mid-April. They didn't start blooming unitl the after the middle of June, and the pods didn;t start ripening until mid-August. If your plants are just now blooming it'll probably be a couple of months until you get ripe pods. Hope that helps...

You didn't say when you planted your Hab... I started a couple of Orange Habs from seed in February and planted them outside in mid-April. They didn't start blooming unitl the after the middle of June, and the pods didn;t start ripening until mid-August. If your plants are just now blooming it'll probably be a couple of months until you get ripe pods. Hope that helps...

Thanks for the reply, i planted my hab plant in march

The weather in the UK is far different from here as well I would suppose.
It was 85 F today here but is in the mid 50's F in the mornings so pepper season is waning here. :mope:

Back