• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

My first wee pepper!

It's not much but I'm proud. This little fella is a Fresno and he's my first. We had one of our infamous June frosts two nights ago and, despite covering them, I was afraid the peppers would suffer. They all seemed to survive and even have one little pepper going! This is very exciting.

CJufyJU.jpg

...wait....AZ has frosts?!

Man, it seems like I learn something on THP every day.

Congrats on the fresno. Great all-a-round pepper.

DownRiver said:
...wait....AZ has frosts?!

Man, it seems like I learn something on THP every day.

Congrats on the fresno. Great all-a-round pepper.

Yessir! I'm in the high country of Flagstaff, AZ. We're at 7000ft and are one of the snowiest places in the country.

@Smokin' : Those are some great looking peppers! I have a little Aji Limon, but I don't think it likes my climate much. its real sad looking.

ShowMeDaSauce said:
High elevation and cool temps?.....Try rocotos or manzano peppers. A friend in Idaho got lots of pods from the rocotos he grew.
I got a lot of rocoto pods in Minnesota, and am now getting a lot of rocoto pods in Florida.

I did last year too but the first year i got basically none grown in the same pots and media. Plants looked great but would not hold blooms/pods. They all dropped off. Aji Oro do just fine for me here so far.

I now have my first peppers as well, a few Tabasco and Dragon Cayenne.

Most are tiny, but some are an inch or two or three long. Is now the proper time to pick them to increase yield, or should I wait a bit longer?

I have a couple dragon cayenne that are turning into decently sized bright green peppers, but this is one of my larger tabasco. Dragon Cayenne in the second picture.
pepper.jpg

pepper2.jpg

Back