• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds My germination method

Ok everybody, here s the way I start out my seeds.

I use the paper towel method, has worked wonders for me. I grab a papaer towel sock it in water then I press the paper towel to get all the excess water out, It only haves to be moist not dripping wet, then I put it in the seeds around 5 horizontally and fold it in half, then in to a ziplock bag it goes.
DSC00942.jpg

Then it goes under my set up a normal lamp with a 100 watt bulb that heats the bag around 85 deggree fahrenheit.
DSC00937.jpg

as soon as the little roots show up , around half an inch long I put them in cups with soil, in this case some peat pellets. Seeds take around ten to twelve days to germinate
DSC00941.jpg

And after a week

DSC00940.jpg

DSC00938.jpg

After they get there two true leaves they go under the fluorescent light. Well there you have it folks, hope this helps. Thank you for all your advice second year growing !!!!!!

The ones in the cups are Naga Morich, are does hot?

Your method is simple, yet very effective at ensuring seeds are provided with enough moisture to help with their germination.

I've used the same method for getting notoriously diffficult seeds to sprout well for me. (Mammillaria theresae seeds)

So it's easy and it works. :dance: :dance: :dance:

dvg

Would this method work independently without the use of the zip-lock bag method?
Does the wattage specifically matter? I have a 40 watter which produces some heat but not overall a lot of heat...

Would this method work independently without the use of the zip-lock bag method?
Does the wattage specifically matter? I have a 40 watter which produces some heat but not overall a lot of heat...
You could use any plastic bag, the thing is plastic makes the water evaporat and it gets all over the plastic, and Yes you need a normal light bulb not the fluorecent kind, to reach a teperature of at least 80 deggree fareheit.

Your method is simple, yet very effective at ensuring seeds are provided with enough moisture to help with their germination.

I've used the same method for getting notoriously diffficult seeds to sprout well for me. (Mammillaria theresae seeds)

So it's easy and it works. :dance: :dance: :dance:

dvg
Very effective!!!!

Back