• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My grow so far.

I got these plants from Juanitos around march 11th, Finally got everything re-potted, Been tuff hardening them off so I gave up and did the shade cloth and they seem happier, This year the pest are bad so far I have been at war with earwigs and bunny rabbits, Now I think I have leaf miners and need a way to get rid of them I have been using Neem every 7 days for 3 weeks and all it seems to be doing is slowing them down, Anyone know of a better way of defeating these pest?

1_zpsnm1jl8mj.jpg

2_zpscgbesxui.jpg
3_zpsrnxawsbv.jpg
4_zpsfdferpce.jpg
5_zpssugrung8.jpg
6_zpsgjgdlclk.jpg
8_zpscalrlge3.jpg
9_zps0wdkx4qm.jpg
7_zpsxkqb8o59.jpg

may be something else.my experience leaf miners in the past is they leave a trail on the leaf.Best thing for leaf miners is to remove leaves and spray with insect killer/neem/spinosad.worked for me a few years back on habanero.

I second that on the spinosad. It works great for the leaf miners. After you spray release some lacewings. 8 dollars for a 1000 eggs. You can't go wrong.

Lovepeppers said:
I second that on the spinosad. It works great for the leaf miners. After you spray release some lacewings. 8 dollars for a 1000 eggs. You can't go wrong.
Hopefully when you pull the leaf,the larvae that are burrowing through the leaf or had been burrowing are still in there!!!so you then rid yourself of more critters.The flying adults then have to be dealt with.

mrgrowguy said:
I am just going to throw it out there for the heck of it, it looks more like a fungal/viral thing to me.

What would you suggest I treat it with if so?
Well look at what I found ...... 
3_zps4023m98d.jpg
2_zpswcjulbzp.jpg

THAT is a tough question. First, I would try to get more info before treating if it is disease related. I would bring a sample to a nursery for their advice and wait for some more people to chime in here on the forums. 

BUT, if it is disease, a fungicide may help. I use a copper base one on my roses, I suggest to not use a systemic fungicide since you don't want that chemical in your fruit. This is the one I use. But if you have the "black spot" and are not a pirate from the Caribbean, than it may not be treatable.
1455101-m.jpg

Disease is a tough one, not one of my best known areas, but I did have black spot on a Reaper of mine that went to my TM Scorpion by means of water splashing from one leaf to another. I believe black spot is a bacteria problem... if anyone knows better, feel free. Also there have been a lot of posts in the past about it. Try searching this forum for more on it.

PLEASE REMEMBER - I was just throwing out a suggestion. But I did some quick searches in this forum and one guy posted this link which may be informative for you:
http://aces.nmsu.edu/pubs/_circulars/circ549.html#C

Took a few of the leaf's down to the local Nursery, Determined it was caterpillars and he told me to use this. He also told me that neem needs to actually be sprayed on the insect to work I always thought if they ate anything with it on It messed with their hormones and drove them "hence" crazy and the forget to eat.. (I just noticed everyone that replied is from So-Cal you guys going to this in July? http://www.cahotsauceexpo.com )

4_zpscg2tgmnm.jpg

That is not leaf miner damage. They leave white trails through the leaf. My tomatoes are smothered with them. It is mostly aesthetic damage when leaf miners attack.

Back