• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

My Hydro Habanero's: DWC with DIY LED's

haha, and is that part of a denture soaking in some bubbles?

Sorry I haven't been active on this thread. I've been moving into the new house.
my plants actually recovered amazingly well after losing most of their leaves. they're bigger than ever even though I haven't changed or topped the res in weeks.

But I don't think I will be brining them over for two reasons.

One, I dont want to chance more mites coming along.

Two, I was recently diagnosed with LPR, Laryngopharyngeal Reflux. Apparently I'm not allowed to eat any spicy food anymore, since I have the kind of heartburn where you feel no pain, and get all the damage :(
So I will probably still grow some spicy peppers, but looks like I will mostly be switching to non hot varieties...

Leds are also on the ceiling.

Gotta put another one on the ceiling as soon as I build it...

The plant is only 18 inches away from the ceiling fluoros right now.

The plant I think is trying to stretch to them-LEDs and Fluoro,not the window.

Notice how the inside branches are shorter than the outside ones?
I think the longer ones are stretching for the ceiling lights(LED and Fluoros) and the short ones are going for the window and window fluoros.

Ya it's not really an LED plant anymore.

Even though the room lights aren't on all the time,maybe a few hours a night.
Probably about 4 hours total a day.
The LEDs are on 12 hrs a day.

The window has silver reflective film on it so I don't know how much of that light is doing anything.
You can see out but not in except at night when a light is on.

I had to put that Fluoro up for the windowsill plants because they weren't getting enough light and were stretching for the kitchen fluoros that are a 4 bulb 4ft.fixture with grow light fluoros.

I only put out the pest strip when I see mites.
Then I put it in a zip lock or in the shed outside to kill the black widows and crickets.

The pest strip going outside today.

Haven't seen mites lately and I don't need that strip indoors any more time than is necessary.
Especially in a 2 room apartment.

Those dentures are the temp. ones they gave me until I got the permanent ones.
I forgot they were there until you saw them.
I put them there to wash them and then stash them somewhere,never did.They have been there a while.
Guess I should toss them or stash them before they get moss growing on them. :)

Back