• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

indoor My indoor grow op

Lol. Yeah I would LOVE that setup in my living room, but after investing 21 years in a relationship with my wife, I just wouldn't chance it. She is still a bit cranky about me moving the Christmas tree away from the living room window because it was blocking my overwinters from getting sun AND I took over the newly remodeled dining room with my light setup. She has reach her threshold. I totally envy you though, that is a great looking setup.

ms1476 said:
Lol. Yeah I would LOVE that setup in my living room, but after investing 21 years in a relationship with my wife, I just wouldn't chance it. She is still a bit cranky about me moving the Christmas tree away from the living room window because it was blocking my overwinters from getting sun AND I took over the newly remodeled dining room with my light setup. She has reach her threshold. I totally envy you though, that is a great looking setup.
LOL

i agree not in the living room. Heat the garage and put it in there maybe. My wife would be happy the garage is hot now too lol

The surprising thing about this setup? My wife set it up :)

To be honest, it's not all pepper starts on the shelves. We also do petunias and things like that. Also, this is not the only shelf like this in the house. We have a bedroom that is also full of goodness as well.

Snarg said:
The surprising thing about this setup? My wife set it up :)

To be honest, it's not all pepper starts on the shelves. We also do petunias and things like that. Also, this is not the only shelf like this in the house. We have a bedroom that is also full of goodness as well.
She's a keeper, for sure.

Are those lights safe at the bottoms of the trays where water/moisture can reach them?  I see setups like this often, but mixing water and electricity bothers me.  Nice configuration tho.

Well, we have not burned the house down yet :)

Trust me, my wife has a HUGE phobia about fire. If she were even a little bit skeptical of the setup, it would be gone.

"yet" is what bothers me.  Some lights are good for wet locations, but I don't know what the difference is.  I'd love to feel safe with a multirack system.  I have seen others do something similar to this without issues.  at the bottom, I'd think they'll act like heat mats too.

Back