• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My LED setup: 2 Ecotech Radion xr30's

I have two large reef systems both 220 gallons. I keep sps in one and lps in the other. I recently broke down my sps tank and had been using 3 Ecotech Radions for coral growth. I wanted a slick setup to grow indoors when I can't outside so I used these beasts. Each light pumps out the equivalent of 1 400 watt metal halide and can provide 100% intensity to 30 inches left and right of each light and 100% intensity to a depth of 36". The radions are usb or wireless controlled thru an app and support full customization from 0-20000 spectrum. I can run a schedule that is synced to my part of the world, plug in storms (kind of a gimmick) or I can run any amount of custom configs. Im just going to run all spectrums 100% for an 18 hour day as Im just growing. But you could config to run 6800k or 10k if youre looking for certain types of growth. Having owned 6 of these I would not go another source of led light as I had insane coral growth so plant growth should be just as sweet without metal halide or HO bulbs. I never needed any kind of chiller in my reef so these lights are worth every penny!

14130370220_a181271f40_b.jpg

14130321438_fd32a8921b_b.jpg

14313648571_597d7c3ffb_b.jpg

14130456377_01c98170e3_b.jpg

CYLONSAMONGUS said:
 and can provide 100% intensity to 30 inches left and right of each light and 100% intensity to a depth of 36".

How do they break the inverse square law of light to accomplish this feat?

nice light, its nice to see the power supplies removed from the fixture itself.

do you have any pictures of your aquarium setup?

@mx, Dont know dont care lol. I go by what Ecotech suggested. I needed coverage for up to 90" of length of tank and 24" deep. Each one gives me maximum light penetration to 36" deep (they are also modified by ecotech with beefed up reflectors on the array). Im not gonna get into some kind of scientific discussion stuff so for the sake of moving forward, whatever point youre trying to make, you win lol... For more info check out Ecotech site ;)

@queeg, yep lemme dig them up and post. Above were some snaps of my 90 cube but the 220 is really nice too

mx5inpa said:

How do they break the inverse square law of light to accomplish this feat?

lol ever hear of collimation? presumably these use optics of some sort, so strictly speaking, they will not exactly follow the inverse square law.
laser, would be the best example of this.

queequeg152 said:

lol ever hear of collimation? presumably these use optics of some sort, so strictly speaking, they will not exactly follow the inverse square law.
laser, would be the best example of this.

LOL IT HAS LASERS!!

Back