• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My lucky day!!

Arrived at my shop today and the man next door comes over and tells me to come with him he wants to show me something. Well we walk over to his building and he has a huge box laying in the floor and says you want this? I said what is it and he shows me the other side of the box whoa its a greenhouse. To be exact its a 10'×20'×8' greenhouse ready to be put together. I said does a frog bump his ass when he jumps hell yea I want it! He gave it to me free of charge it was a return from a customer that realized it was to big for their yard. I have never grown in a greenhouse but I'm going to try and use it this winter to keep my outdoor plants in. He also gave me 2-400 watt metal halide lights and a 36" industrial fan. I must be doing something right this kind of thing never happens to me but I was blessed today.

sicman said:
you need to start right now and post pics and make this a whole "watch me build this green house" thread.     i would follow!
I can do that but remember i have never built one before. Im not thinking it will be to bad though.

PrimeTime said:
Thats bad ass rebel! You will have trees next season!
Thats what im hoping for but im really unsure how to warm it this winter. This will be a learning experience for sure so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. 

Dave2000 said:
Awesome, buy that man a beer or three.
He gets a paper lunch bag full of peppers a few times a week but yea this deserves a 6 pack for sure.

Thanks all I will be starting a thread tomorrow when construction begins. I like the idea of the GH because then I no longer have to worry about all this rain. I am going to check on that heater may have to get 2 not sure just yet. I am probably going to set up a hydro system in it and run some recirculating bato style buckets with only perlite as a medium. Some guy on YouTube had a setup like this just can't find it again. Well we will see what happens tomorrow.

That sounds absolutely amazing!  If he ever has another greenhouse laying around send him my way, will ya? lol good luck with the new setup! 

Back