• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pics My midget habanero (3 pics)

Check out this really nicely developed orange hab seedling. Around 7 weeks old, it sports not only very nice leaves, but also has a well-developed main fork.

midgethab1.jpg

So far, pretty normal example of a successful O-Hab, right? well, this plant is less than two inches tall!!!! As can be seen with the ruler, the plant starts at the 4" mark from tabletop, and the top of the plant is roughly at 6". Total plant height = 2"

midgethab2.jpg

So in sum, we have a plant that's 2" tall, but already has 7 sets of true leaves a major fork, and should probably be 3-4 x its height at this point. Interesting, no?

Our other plants are not having this occur. Here is a pic of our main setup under which our 72 seellings are developing. Look at the very normal sized of most of those plants

midgethab3.jpg

anyway, no real question here - I think this is just one of those plants that doesn't fit the usual expectations. Once it gets in the dirt after transplant, I suspect it will take off, quickly.

Funny thing is that is how almost all of my chinense plants are. I have several Habaneros and all are like that under 3 inches tall.

Back