• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My mystery pepper drama

Im wondering why cats seem to like this plant so much....its half dead now(I do have a tonne of seeds)but I seen my cats try to munch at it(a first time)..Brought it to a buddy of mine who majored in plants(Ill only attempt to say the proper word sober)lol..my cats were curious and munching ..his cats dig it outa the pot.......Anyone ever heard of this?..next step im thinking defcon 3 with water and make a spray...hell it worked with deer

Get:
  • Heaviest weight you can find
  • Meanest dog you can find
  • Lots of Bhut Jolokias

Put the plant on top of the weight.
Glue the Bhut Jolokias all over the dog, and chain it to the weight.

If it works on elephants, it'll work on cats. :lol:

Are you sure this is a pepper plant? I've never had any problems with cats bothering the peppers outside except to dig a potty hole in the soft, loose dirt of the garden.

If they're indoor cats, maybe they need some greens in their diet. Buy a bag of annual rye grass and grow it in a wide, shallow pot. They charge a fortune in the pet stores for the rye grass and a plastic bag instead of a pot.

Pam said:
If they're indoor cats, maybe they need some greens in their diet. Buy a bag of annual rye grass and grow it in a wide, shallow pot. They charge a fortune in the pet stores for the rye grass and a plastic bag instead of a pot.

Thats good lateral thinking Pam.

I'd be inclined to try garlic spray.

Omri: you crack me up :lol:

Pam said:

ill look into that.. my 2 males(fixed) spend all time out doors but when the white stuff hits well they are house cats lol..Mind you I dont blame them...Just never seen a response to a pepper plant like this before..Thats why I was curious

Now seriously.
Plants produce all kinds of different hormones while growing. perhaps one of them is the cause, "perhaps"...

anything is possible I guess..but this natural gas heat is the real killer of this plant...even my buddy couldnt see what else would be drying the plant the way it is(well besides meing molested my the cats lol)

Plant hormones are just chemicals, they can other stuff as well. :P
I don't know about you, but if a cat was molesting me, I'd be in serious depression. :lol:

Back