• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite My New Favorite Pepper

I grew 20 varieties of peppers this season. Bells and Jalapeno. Starfish and bulls horns. Brown moruga and brain strain .... various others

My favorite is an odd pepper. The Ot Heim, aka vietnamese tearjerker, from seeds gifted from WickedMike.. in a few weeks when a bunch more ripen and I can harvest seeds I will be giving some away to the good folks of THP.

I cant find info on this pepper. I dont know the scoville, but it is no joke. Not only is it incredibly hot, it is a gusher. When you bite it it explodes juice/oil all over your mouth, then cooks it from the inside. The flavor isnt bad either. Definitely top of my grow list next season
25MGSQT.jpg

They are excellent. This years grow gave me a list of regrow and dont regrow. This not only made the regrow list, it made the short list of over winter

That piccy is from 2010 and she was always thirsty  :beer:

Frutescens are awesome,My favorite is Donne Sali,,last years growdown was the Aji Chuncho,,

Other standouts are Ndungo,Malagueta,Lombok,Hawaiian Kona etc..

If your new favorite is the Tabs,,you should give some other fruts a shot

Kevin

I am definitely going to be trying some new frutes next year. Going to move away from the superhots. Still going to try for my perfect reaper pods and going to continue my brown moruga.. outside of those its mid range heat and milds/sweets next year
Actually my reading lists Ot Hiem as an annuum

I agree I love Tabasco,,they are the only pepper that gives me hiccups

That's funny my tabascos absolutely light me up and I have always wondered why. Scoville wise they aren't much but I almost always get the hiccups too.

Back