• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My Pepper list for 09

Got some scorchers and not so hot peppers to plant. Gonna be a fun season.

California Chile
Cascabel
Chile de Arbol
Chocolate Habanero
Fish
Fresno
Guajillo
Habanero Arbol
Kalocsai - V2
Lemon Drop
Orange Manzano
Ordono
Poblano
Red Chile
White Habanero

also some Bhuts, Anahiem ,Serrano,and Jalapenos

Kevin

moyboy said:
good all round list you have there mate.

some good sauces will come from this....:)

I have a friend on the garden forum I go to to thank for most of them. Many of these are new to me so it will be interesting to see what I can come up with in the kitchen.

Kevin

Sydtunes said:
"Sharing is caring"... Nice list!

Thank you.And after this year and last year being pretty hard on me personally I think its the right thing to do since some fellow gardeners came to my aid and if I have seeds to share. I won't let fellow pepper fans down if nature is kind to me this year.

Kevin

Sounds like you've got more to handle than me this season

so far i've got:

golden nugget
pumpkin hamanero
big jim
5 color marble
long slim read
jalapeno
and some california wonder bell's to make some salsa hopefully

i'd like to get some bhut jolokia for where my pumpkin/watermelon patch was last year

allXbutXgone said:
Sounds like you've got more to handle than me this season

so far i've got:

golden nugget
pumpkin hamanero
big jim
5 color marble
long slim read
jalapeno
and some california wonder bell's to make some salsa hopefully

i'd like to get some bhut jolokia for where my pumpkin/watermelon patch was last year

I do have two bell peppers also.Figuring out where to put them all is half the fun. Never had such a mix of peppers before. My tomato list is just about as long too. One thing about the garden is it keeps your mind on pleasant things.Like what your gonna do with all the peppers and tomatoes.At least I will have time to look up recipes before harvest. God knows I will need them.Hope to try making some jerk sauce or rubs.

Kevin

Got some new additions. I have not only have Bhut seeds thanks to a friend on another forum but thanks to scoville I have seeds for Naga,Goats Weed, Jamaican Scotch Bonnet,7 pod,Mammoth Jalapeno, and some extra Chocolate Habs and Fish. Very nice. Thanks to Tony.

Kevin

Well no seedlings yet.Yeah I know the take longer than my maters but jeez with all the new stuff I got this year in the pepper department its hard waiting. you would think at least some bells would be up!:lol:

Kevin

Well here is another pepper report folks. Just got some 18 Anaheim,18 Canary Gold Bell,and 6 Orange Sun Bell potted today. Got some white habs and California Chile to pot up yet.And now popping out are my fish peppers. I expect my other peppers cept a few to be up soon.Boy what a busy year already. Between peppers and tomatoes I am going to be really busy when it comes time to send them out to the garden. Some are getting true leaves too..

Kevin

Did an ooops today. was looking at my Bhuts today found one plant up went to show my niece and dropped the pot :shocked: . saved the germinated seed but looking through the soil no seed I found was even rooted. Naga and 7 pot have yet to join the party.

Kevin

Well it looks like I spoke to soon about the Naga and 7 pod. They are peaking through the soil. Was beginning to worry. Chocolate Habs are not up yet plus a few that I was late getting planted.White Habs and Cali Chile are potted up.

Kevin

Back