• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

pickling My Pickles

Was not sure were to post this since I dont have a step by step recipe.
I did this a couple years ago. Generally the same, Pure Org ACV (Braggs) and then the Cukes, Yellow Hab and regular Red Bell Peppers with Dill and seasoning mix.
great heat, crunch to the pickle even after two years, pickle keeps its shape, just like the beetroot ones I did.

P3118999_Pickles-600_zpsrotsguhg.jpg

Burning Colon said:
good job, pickles are hard to do..... to keep the crispness. i have had tons of people give me their pickles and well.... just plain mushy...... i don't do pickles!
again good job.
:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

dragonsfire said:
Was not sure were to post this since I dont have a step by step recipe.
I did this a couple years ago. Generally the same, Pure Org ACV (Braggs) and then the Cukes, Yellow Hab and regular Red Bell Peppers with Dill and seasoning mix.
great heat, crunch to the pickle even after two years, pickle keeps its shape, just like the beetroot ones I did.

P3118999_Pickles-600_zpsrotsguhg.jpg
Any way to give us the process on how you make them ? The cucumber type, amounts of seasonings/ingredients etc.......

Id be guessing.
Wash and Halve cukes, stuff jar to capacity keeping them straight, then add flavors, one cut Habanero normally then 1tbsp seasoning, stuff dill down some spaces, usually a 1/2 cups worth, then fill with Braggs Vinegar to the top and cap, shake and place in cupboard and forget :)

dragonsfire said:
Id be guessing.
Wash and Halve cukes, stuff jar to capacity keeping them straight, then add flavors, one cut Habanero normally then 1tbsp seasoning, stuff dill down some spaces, usually a 1/2 cups worth, then fill with Braggs Vinegar to the top and cap, shake and place in cupboard and forget :)
100 % vinegar and no water correct ? Vinegar is the only liquid that you are using for the pickles.

Also how long before they are ready to eat ?

Do you store them in the refrigerator or on the shelf in the pantry ?

Back