• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

my poor Thai

it has been raining here nearly everyday!! i saw :shocked: what the wind did to my plant when i got back from work!! my mango seedling was also blown off and had to replant it back into the pot.

beforev.jpg

before
afterk.jpg

after.

Have been taking care of this the last few weeks snipping off its flowers so that it will grow into a nice bush. :(

that thing is a tree!

I think it should survive the monsoon this year
Thanks Kiddc .

that is a tree! i'd just put it in some sort of a tomato cage type of thing to help keep it upright. =D

i should have caged it when i accidently pulled off a small branch when i was removing the flower. its fragile!!

its not a tree yet! its only abt 3 feet high :) (

you should see my father's purple holy basil.(tulsi/tulasi)

my thai's 2 feet high and nowhere near as nice looking! lol. but they have survived the onslaughts of the monsoon season.

this is my father's purple holy basil(tulsi/tulasi). the wall behind is 6 feet tall. i guess you can call that a tree!
p1030513s.jpg

cool! now that is a tree. lol.

what do you guys do to get your basils that huge????

Nothing !! my fathers place it just grows wild. and at my place i did not use any fert but the soil where i planted got lots of egg shells buried in(6-8 months before using the place ) before i made the raise bed. preparing the place for my super hots.

Very jealous. I wish I had soil like that. I just have clay and big rocks.

well all you have to do is to make a raise bed. using proper soil mix fill the raise bed and give proper nutrients.
:)
the roots does not mind rocks and clay. make sure got good drainage for your raise bed.
that's what i did at the back of my house. the soil was all clay and rocks(construction debris) if you see the pictures in my post, i planted the thai basil on a raise bed. :)

My 4 foot tall Dorset Naga was nearly done in by my wife with an assist from nature; twice! My wife loaded up a very tall clothes drying rack by my plants and the winter winds did the rest. Took off a main branch and flattened the plant. :( This was 2 weeks ago; last week she and the wind did it again. This time (same plant) it was "only" flattened.
The cuttings from the broken branch seem to be doing okay so far.
The clothes rack has been moved. :)
Cheers.

My 4 foot tall Dorset Naga was nearly done in by my wife with an assist from nature; twice! My wife loaded up a very tall clothes drying rack by my plants and the winter winds did the rest. Took off a main branch and flattened the plant. :( This was 2 weeks ago; last week she and the wind did it again. This time (same plant) it was "only" flattened.
The cuttings from the broken branch seem to be doing okay so far.
The clothes rack has been moved. :)
Cheers.
what do you do with the cuttings/broken branches ? do you put it in a pail of water ? can we put even if it looks withered ?

your clothes drying rack must be one of the portable ones. erect some barricade bars around the plant so that the rack does not knock your plant.

what do you do with the cuttings/broken branches ? do you put it in a pail of water ? can we put even if it looks withered ?

your clothes drying rack must be one of the portable ones. erect some barricade bars around the plant so that the rack does not knock your plant.
Yes, I cut off a top with a few sets of leaves and trim a few of the leaves so there are some nodes and then put that in water. A few days later I added a little EM (essential micro-organisms)

It would be worth a try.

Yes, I cut off a top with a few sets of leaves and trim a few of the leaves so there are some nodes and then put that in water. A few days later I added a little EM (essential micro-organisms)

It would be worth a try.

so i have to take from the top (soft stems).. the harden part/woody of the plant can i also root them ??

EM ? what are those ?
i got some rooting powder . can i add use it ?

EM, is essentially a culture of beneficial microorganisms that are harvested either from other vegetables or the forest. it's also got loads of growth hormones? like auxins and stuff since it's a concentrate of plantlife.

EM, is essentially a culture of beneficial microorganisms that are harvested either from other vegetables or the forest. it's also got loads of growth hormones? like auxins and stuff since it's a concentrate of plantlife.
thanks Franzb69

so i have to take from the top (soft stems).. the harden part/woody of the plant can i also root them ??

EM ? what are those ?
i got some rooting powder . can i add use it ?

The hardwood parts are more difficult to root; the tender tops are the easiest.

By all means, if you have rooting powder add it. cheers.

ohhh no.. not again... why is this so easy to break!! Now both the branches have broken. ( wandering if its the work of the neighborhood cat's work. )
the stem is woody... thought that it will be strong!.

p1030957s.jpg

Back