my very first try at growing peppers

After burning my lips for years and just discovering scorpion pepper sauce I thought it was time to try to grow. I live in an apt and have very little space. I just got a six pack of thai chili seedlings and one pack of thai seeds. I also grabbed some seeds from some habaneros I dried. I would love to grow some really hot peppers, but am afraid of screwing up an wasting the money on the seeds. Are they harder to grow? Should I spend the ten bucks on just a few seeds? I have my little guys under one grow light inside for now.

Thanks,
Rymerpt

Superhot peppers really aren't any different from habaneros or others, seeing as they're the same species. And there's several very reputable vendors on here that not only sell seeds with high germination rates, but in a couple cases, you get freebies. I'd personally recommend PepperLover.com, but others, such as Buckeye Peppers, Hippy Seed Company, JungleRain, Sicman, are all good and reputable vendors that are also users on this very site.

Depending on your location try and grow them outside in small containers if you can. I live in an apartment too and I use any available space on sidewalks balconies etc for growing, in anything that can be turned into a container. Welcome you will be addicted if you aren't already haha.

it's easy to grow there are lots of tutorials on here.
or just browse some grow logs if you want motivation.
We are here to help with any questions!

California is a great place to grow peppers. You can pretty much grow anything you want. But keep the Thai Peppers around, they're great for chewing on while tending the garden.

im attempting to grow thai peppers from some thai peppers i bought from a store here...  it cost like a buck for a whole bag of thai peppers...  actually, im attempting to grow a bonchi from it...  i too use a bunch of thai peppers in my dishes, u probably already know that from your welcome thread... lol...  check out my glog for my bonchi thai pepper...  i'll update it when it sprouts...

where in cali are u?  i can send u some seeds, or even some peppers...   :fireball:

I purchased quite a few seed varieties from peperlover.com and so far ive had some decent germination rate and i live in the uk with no special set up (lights ect) also have to add i was looking on pepperlover.com the other day and they have some good prices atm with their seeds so get involved and good luck :)

Back