My website

I have been working on a personal website about peppers. It's far from finished but I would like to ask you all for your opinions. All comments are welcome :)

http://www.balconypeppers.com

thanks

PS if this thread is in the wrong place I'm sorry and please move it.

Nice site. Have you grown the Peito de moca before? I've seen many different versions of it but I'm really looking for the pod type in your pic
Welcome Chocos

Nice. :)

One thing to note..if ppl have Javascript turned off or use plugins like NoScript...the nav is dead...it should be degradable or at least give a No-JS warning. Ya might think about using CSS instead of .JS menus.

A purely .JS system makes it harder for Search Engines to spider yer links as well.

Just a thought.

Thanks all :)

QuadShotz said:
Nice. :)

One thing to note..if ppl have Javascript turned off or use plugins like NoScript...the nav is dead...it should be degradable or at least give a No-JS warning. Ya might think about using CSS instead of .JS menus.

A purely .JS system makes it harder for Search Engines to spider yer links as well.

Just a thought.

You're right. Problem is I'm not very good with CSS, I hope I will have some time around christmas to change the menu

jjs7741 said:
Looks good. So how many plants you grow up there at a time?

jacob

About 40 plants :)

Site looks good didn't find anything that really needed changed other then if you could make the pictures bigger then you click on them in the "Kitchen" section of the website.

Thread moved. 3 mods posted :shocked:

By the way you have seeds for sale, it's not a personal website, it's commercial ;)

I was drunk but I can't speak for the other......They just totally failed.....it's not my fault, the alcohol made me stuff up.......You didn't train me properly.......um........aaaarrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhh

:lol:

I think the navigation is wonky, and you could get a better font. You need a good logo too, that one looks an advertising banner. At first glance looks like an advertisement for another site. And textured backgrounds make it look like one of those old geocities sites or something. Hope this helps. Not bad for getting it going.

nice start to a site that can grow in many ways, have a look through your trade list and you have lemon drop listed under chineses, it should be under baccatum shouldn't it?

Not a bad start. I can't wait to see the updates.

Like the others have said, you might want to get some better menus.

A CMS or a blog would be perfect for this kind of topic - I know of a couple of other good pepper growth blogs, and they're easy to follow along with the progress and navigate through.

nice site, pretty good for a first attempt, & a helluvalot better than i could ever do, so top marks for effort.as for the techy stuff, i'm not qualified, so i'll keep schtumm!

Great site, well done!

Are the seeds cheap because you don't isolate flowers plants from cross pollinating? Your plants are grown quite close together so many will have crossed. If your plants or flowers are isolated I would happily buy some seeds from you.

All the best and good luck with your project

Back