My youngest step-brother eating a Carolina Reaper we grew this season at Oleo Acres

Here's another one...

A little background first.  We grew our first Carolina Reaper plant this past season at Oleo Acres.  We had a low germination rate, but we eventually produced a single plant that was set into the ground.  It produced a mere 2 mature, ripe pods before the season was over, and then we uprooted it to overwinter inside until next season.

You see the result of the first taste-test above.  Here is the second:

Edit:  I guess we should also mention that the initial pods off of a yearling plant typically do not realize the piquant potential of the fruit from a more mature plant.  I shudder to think how hot the pods from this plant are going to be next season!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNxYjRCk_Ag&feature=youtu.be

Husker21 said:
"Does it taste like and apple..... or a banana?"

LMFAO  The first thing he did after handling the pod with no gloves was to rub his eyes.  I cringed when I saw that.
Noob move.

With the slow heat build up of the reaper, he probably didn't even realize how screwed he was as he consumed it piece by piece.

What's funny is....I wish i wouldve got it on camera but...I gave a friend of the family $50 to eat a whole brown moruga of judy's and it TORE him a new one and i havent seen him since lol this was about 2 months ago!

Husker21 said:
"Does it taste like and apple..... or a banana?"

LMFAO  The first thing he did after handling the pod with no gloves was to rub his eyes.  I cringed when I saw that.
Yah.
Ouch.

Cut up a box of them from Bakers last night---with gloves, BTW.

Laughed my @$$ of watching a Bobcat standup and wiped my eyes about 4 hours later.

Damn. 4 hours later and through the gloves onto my hands.

I love the brave ones that think they can eat anything then see the oh no look on their face once they eat one of these ultra hot peppers.

Back