• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Mycorrhiza at its Best

This is My Mirasol Pepper plant, its the fastest Growing and already making little buds of flowers from what it looks after adding mykkos on the top of the soil I got this.
ba1062fa.jpg

Im glad with results and Hope to soon transplant but not sure where to, a pot or the floor, For sure that thing works and well Im running out of it but now with my new job I should buy more Mycorrhiza not sure what brand yet but sure worth it

compost tea + mollases + sawdust from your pepper plants ( for strain specificity ) maybe even a dash of native garden soil. Brew and pour into a no till compost heap or soil area. Many many ways to skin a cat :)

Ive been trying to make some tea just that i dont have a bubbler
From what I have learned in the last 5 days, (lol mad experience here) You need a Pump to ad oxygen to the water or the Myco's wont grow. I got a 60gal fish tank pump with 2 outputs. cost like 15$ at Walmart. Ever since I started making Tea, I grow mushrooms better than I do peppers...

The funny thing is, I throw every thing in there,
Fish Emultion
Compost
Pumpkin Leaves ( I have to trim it back every 2 days to leave room for my dog to crap.)
Dead sunflowers
egg shells

If its Bio and not Fatty, Dairy, or Meat, it either goes in compost or Tea. I take a old dish cloth and fill it up with stuff and make a giant tea bag

It looks like vermiculture is the way I'm going to go in the future.

Tmudder just made a nice vid on this subject

I took an old nylon and put worm castings in it. Then filled a 5 gallon bucket (local Chinese restaurant usually has one laying around) left 2-3 inches with no water, hung the nylon over the side, snapped the lid on, and then every morning and evening I laid it over and rolled it 10feet out and back or picked it up and shook it. 3 days and the tea did me good.

Nitrozime, is basically a concentrated form of sea weed extract. Since it's all organic I found that using it via foliar feeding in it's concentrated form will not burn the leaves, but give the plant a serious "boost" when they are young and still growing.

As far as a "Bubbler" tea can be very beneficial, but it's a bit more complicated then aerating water and adding few random house hold ingredients. I personally only brew WORM tea by using fresh worm castings taken from my worm farm. I've been reading a lot about others posting teas for this and that, but I have yet to find any scientific research studies or analysis showing they do anything. If you do some research on Worm Tea you will learn that your essentially growing living and active microbes that exist in an active worm farm. The plant uses the microbes by feeding other organisms in the soil food chain. By brewing tea your essentially taking a few hundred thousand living microbe colonies and then growing them until they get to a few billion colonies. So in a since your "concentrating" living organisms and feeding them to your plant.

Nitrozime, is basically a concentrated form of sea weed extract. Since it's all organic I found that using it via foliar feeding in it's concentrated form will not burn the leaves, but give the plant a serious "boost" when they are young and still growing.

As far as a "Bubbler" tea can be very beneficial, but it's a bit more complicated then aerating water and adding few random house hold ingredients. I personally only brew WORM tea by using fresh worm castings taken from my worm farm. I've been reading a lot about others posting teas for this and that, but I have yet to find any scientific research studies or analysis showing they do anything. If you do some research on Worm Tea you will learn that your essentially growing living and active microbes that exist in an active worm farm. The plant uses the microbes by feeding other organisms in the soil food chain. By brewing tea your essentially taking a few hundred thousand living microbe colonies and then growing them until they get to a few billion colonies. So in a since your "concentrating" living organisms and feeding them to your plant.

LGHT, I am not sure why you need scientific backup to prove compost/nutrient teas work? With compost and nutrient teas you are doing the same as worm tea, brewing microbe colonies AND nutrients for your plants. Mollasses for one feeds the microbes, which is why it goes in my teas.

Here is one very small branch on my yellow manzano, only fed teas. Don't tell my plants the teas do nothing for them, they like to think they do! :)
IMG_2913.jpg

Red Manzano, this is not even the whole plant, didn't fit in the picture.
IMG_2914.jpg

And while the nitrozime seems like a great product, it's rather expensive for the average gardener. Any reason why this is better than plain ol' kelp?

Haha your so right it is a waste!!!! I just looked at "Nitrozime" and you are getting 0-4-4. Let me break that down-0%N,4% Phosphate(P2O5), 4%Potash(K2O)

Ok so lets look at miracle gro 18%N,18% P (P2O5), 21%K (K2O),.5% Mg,.05%Cu,.1%Fe,.05Mn,.05%Zn.....

Funny, Miracle gro is a fraction the cost and is more nutritional.

Notice the Phosphate in the organic is (P2O5) and in the miracle gro. When plant uptakes a element it is just that.......

I agree with everyone who grows organic, and I admire those that make there own compost then teas from that. That way organic is 100% free, making it a better choice!!!!!

Miracle gro ........nutritional.

:stop: :sick: :shame:

:)

Dude, there are so many things that you can "brew". Worms and castings are the go to ingredient and have always been. Now a days, there are millions of growers making all sorts of teas. Anaerobic, aerobic, or hybrid teas. There are many bacteria that exist (depends on what kind you want) and they all want different levels of oxygen to thrive.

I just say F it and make a weed/fish/what ever i got Tea. who wants to eat the same thing all the time?

I should call it a Burrito tea, because I roll it all up in a old dish towel and tie off the ends.

some of the things I have put in it:

Eggshells
compost
weeds
leaves and stems from my pumpkin trimmings
Alaska fish (I put this in every batch)
the Dried grass build up off my weed eater
the kitchen sink

What ever I put in there I just wait till it gets frothy and then use it.

Never knew so many ways of adding stuff to plants, makes me want to experiment, and those the tea need to be diluted?

Well it depends,
If you are using worm tea (drippings) from a Verma bin then yes. If you are mixing castings with water, then no. Also how often are you wanting to use it?
Watch that Vid I posted by Tmudder it covers the basics. The key thing here is the Myko's, use chlorine free water. If you dilute with chlorinated water you are going to kill the mykos.

Just google brewing compost tea. And start reading/watchibg videos. There is a section in a weed growing forum where members post up their recipes.

Back