• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Mystery hab?

Got a mystery plant I need help identifying. I got one plant labeled as a neon-yellow hab but is obviously different from all others and ripens orange. I'm nearly positive the problem originated at the seed company, but am hesitant to lay blame till I know for sure. One of my favourite looking plants so far and lots of fruits.

I find many pods look like a vulture's face

I personally have great success with potted peppers, usually better than ones in the ground. The pots give me more flexibility so I can move them around into full light and I can bring them in the greenhouse or house if needed in spring and fall. It takes until late June for my Canadian soil to warm up enough for big chiles but with black plastic pot, you get a thermal effect much like a raised garden which seems to speed up growth. I also like to move some chinenses +others into the greenhouse for extra heat production. Next year I plan to grow more in the ground, but planted later. There is even thoughts of getting a small tractor.

Those are very cool looking pods! I would not mind growing some of those :P

PS- Before finding this forum, I almost bought all my seeds from Reimers. I was literally at the check out when I read the bad things about them (this was a while ago haha).

I bought a four pack of habanero plants from the local nursery and one the plants grew different and threw these kinds of pods. Tasted pretty good and was hotter than the other habs in the pack. Saved the seeds and debating on growing some out this year.

Back