• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Mystery Pepper Tasting

This little diddy was listed in my garden as a Tasmanian Habanero, and it clearly is not.

680c5d11.jpg

Another image, one of my dogs thinks she wants to eat it.

5c3c763e.jpg

Sliced in half.

132bcea5.jpg

Comes with a nice number of seeds. Has a very interesting scent to it. Slightly hot smell with a bit of citrus.

Out of courtesy to my stomach, I chose not to eat this one whole. It's still thanking me.

The taste was pleasant, had a bit of an apple-ish undertone. The heat struct after a few seconds and hugged my mouth with a simple full-on burn. I smiled a little.

This turned out to be a kind and pleasant pepper. One you could go to with your problems and it would listen.

The heat was around a higher level of habanero, I'm considering since I didn't eat it whole, and I'm definitely saving seeds for, even if it is a crossbreed. It didn't focus anywhere. The top of the tongue, back portion of the mouth and a little bit in the throat. Got a little in the sinuses on a small hiccup but it didn't bother me much.

Overall this pepper made me a happy camper. After the bhut I needed something a little less cruel and unusual. And this particular mystery pepper made for the perfect adventure.

The heat's still somewhat evident after 10 minutes.

Feel free to ID this bugger.

Looks like a great one. I ate a whole one of the green ones you sent. Im with you on this one. I didnt get it ripe all the way, but it was a reather pleasent heat. Lasted a while longer than I thought it would, but was definitely good. I think they would be awesome to put on some steak kabobs!!

Back