• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Mystery Peppers

Well I figured out for sure what one of my two mystery peppers are.This year I noticed amongst my bells a pepper with a different leaf size and pod.Today I picked one and there is no doubt giving the flavor and heat it had to be a lemon drop which I confirmed by looking up some pics. My niece and I are very pleased about it and are now looking for uses for it.I really love the flavor.I should have more very soon as this lone plant is loaded with pods and flowers.

Mystery pepper two I am not sure yet as it looks like an Anaheim but taste like a bell.My guess is this one is one of the Italian frying peppers and has a good taste to it.Any ideas as to what this pepper is?

Kevin

That's just the problem I do not have a camera. My niece has a web cam but I don't think it would take good enough pics.

Kevin

Youd be surprised. I have had webcams outperform some cameras. You never know. Give it a try and see what happens. Pictures are a great help with identifying them.

Youd be surprised. I have had webcams outperform some cameras. You never know. Give it a try and see what happens. Pictures are a great help with identifying them.

Alright everyone, I did notice today that when I ate the rest of one of these beauties it seems to have just a very very very mild bit of spice to it. But for the most part like Kevin said it tastes exactly like a bell pepper. Here's the pictures you wanted. Via my webcam. Sorry for the quality.

Picture14.jpg

Picture15.jpg

Picture9.jpg

As you can see these are some decent size peppers. They have nice flavor and they're extremely juicy. I'm actually happy with them whatever they are I think they make some great stuffed peppers.

Looks like a milder Numex/Anaheim type to me. It will probably taste a little different, less green flavor when ripe

Looks like a Long Red Cayenne to me.

Cayenne_Long_Red_Slim1.jpg

The only thing that makes me think they're not Cayenne is they're not that hot....are they hotter when they start to redden? They really just taste like a bell with a very mild spice...HOWEVER I did tell Kevin I thought they looked like Cayennes in the beginning. Those things are enormous.

As far as the Numex/Anaheim. I suppose that would make some sense to me.

Not all Cayenne's are hot, I have seen some that were like bell peppers, but had a slightly different taste than a bell. Either way they are pretty nice peppers, do they yield well?

Back