n00b progress???

2 weeks ago I purchase some superhot plants from Cross Country Nursury (I picked them up, they were not shipped.) I transplanted them into 5 gallon containers. They all started off about 4-6 inches. Now they have all grown about 4-6 additional inches. I water about every 4th day (in Eastern PA been 80-90 degrees this month) They had pruned them back a bit at the nursury and now all are showing vegetative growth at the nodes... no new branches but a lot of small leaf activity. A few are budding and the Bhut Jolokia (the bushiest of all) is flowering a bit but flowers drop.  Is this normal progress?
home-design.jpg

home-design.jpg

home-design.jpg
home-design.jpg

One of the plants, a Chocolate Trinidad Scorpion was purchased with 2 pods. Those pods have grown enormous, but this plant shows no vegetative growth. Should I pluck the pods?
I also had 3 habaneros from Home Depot - these seem to be doing avbout that same except one seems to be doing really poorly (picture below.) Any ideas??
home-design.jpg

First time grower.. I'd just ike some opinions on how it is progressing, I realize they take months to develop.

Email

Comment1

home-design.jpg

home-design.jpg

home-design.jpg

It looks like you are off to a good start!  I personally would pick off all of the flowers and pods until the plant gets much larger, but it depends on your personal motivations and how long your season is.  (ex. If you're more interested to try a pepper as soon as possible, or if you want tons-and-tons of peppers in the long run...)

Thanks.  Past few years we've had nice warm temps to mid October/Early November - so I have time.  Still I think I will pluck these off now because the Reaper plants have growth at the nodes as do the other Scorpion (which has two leaves on each so I assume it is branching off.)

About how hot will these be if they are this young?  I just got some dried Reaper pods in the mail so I can add it to that hot sauce... but where in the SCO range is a really young chocolate scorp?  These are really nice peppers, one is about 3 inches and the other about 2.5

@meinchoh... made the mistake of starting in hot miracle gro fert and didn't harden off well... that's why some have a few burnt and yellow leaves.  I've been leaving them alone and they had enough water and the leaves are looking a lot nicer, thanks.  Not nearly as green as some of the one's I see here though.

UPDATE:

Pulled the pods about 2 weeks ago... look at the difference (white residue is just from a recent epsom salt spraying... which has really helped all the leaves a lot.  Getting pods and flowers now on most chinenses)

JUNE 12:

BOePdpJ.jpg

JUNE 29

AgMUBPe.jpg

Back