• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Naga/Bhut Jolokias from Peppergal?

2 years ago I bought the naga jolokia and it was PC-1. I didn't know the difference at the time and most importantly wasn't a member of this site so I thought I was getting the worlds hottest. They were hotter than the cayennes I grew, but I was pretty disappointed when I realized the true story. No fault of the seller, just my own naivete. not the greatest pepper, but not a total waste of time either. Probably got about 400 pods on a plant.

well, i ordered from peppergal this morning. I ordered the naga, fatalli, choc hab and paprika. i'm kinda concerned now after reading some of the posts from this thread. if they turn out to be not so great, i guess i will chalk it up to experience and use them as a way to gain experience for next years crop.

I dont think anyone was saying peppergals seeds werent good, peppergal lists them as Naga / Bhut Jolokia you should be safe, the pc-1 is often just called naga jolokia and they tend not to include the bhut part, I think peppergal just called it naga/bhut because some people like myself like to refer to the bhut varieties as naga's so I wouldnt worry about it, I havent heard any complaints about peppergal.

Back