• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

naga bon ?

Hi all i buy alot of my plants from potnall.com.au and have had no problems so far.. but my naga bon is not looking quite right and even the creator neil smith says its not a naga bon...

What are your thoughts on what i could have ? Could it be an aji lemon ?

http://imgur.com/tlt5J48

It may be a little too early to tell exactly what it is.  It could even be just some poor little inbred nagalike pepper. 

Your plant could definitely not be an aji as that variety is of the capsicum baccatum species, and your plant is certainly is a capsicum chinense.  You can tell it is a chinense by the two flowers/fruit on each node. 

CheriLBW said:
Ok what causes tip burn? I have a plant with a few leaves like that so I am curious.
Many things can cause it but I think the leading cause if fertilizer burn. Generally you can evaluate based on what environmental conditions the plant has been subjected to and or what recent changes.

CAPCOM said:
Just a side note. Plants look pretty good but I noticed you have several leaves exhibiting tip burn. Just something to keep an eye on.
Yea ill dilute the mix a bit thanks for the warning champ.

So from the early pods most are guessing naga i see... so is that bhut jolokia ?
Or a different chilli all together ?

CAPCOM said:
Many things can cause it but I think the leading cause if fertilizer burn. Generally you can evaluate based on what environmental conditions the plant has been subjected to and or what recent changes.
Thank you for the info. I did just water last week with fish tank water, it may have been a bit stronger than I thought.

KrakenPeppers said:
Pot n all are pretty solid , if it says 'Naga Bon' it's a pretty good chance it will grow true
I have a Chocolate Hab and Yaki Blue that where spot on from them ..
I contacted potnall on facebook and they say it looks like a aji limon.. but it looks chinense from the large leaves

sirex said:
Well, let's see.

You have multiple pods per node, which is a chinense trait.
Yea im not sure what kind of chinense it is.. my ghosts dont even look like these.. it will be intresting to see whats to come from these..

What about a fattali ? do they look like these ?

I guess only time will tell.

Back