• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Naga for I.D

Picked this Naga up from one of my local Bengali shop's today. Not sure which type it is but i'm guessing its a Naga Morich. Any idea's??

The flesh was very firm and crunchy, and as you can probably see it was also very crinkly and knobbly. I ate the chilli as it was, its heat was intense but nothing compared to a Dorset Naga but hotter then a Habanero... due to it only being partially ripe I wasn't expecting it to be blistering. 

Some times the local Bengali shops have smaller and more slender naga's which are less firm & crunchy.

Not too sure that its a pure Naga Morich all mine and ones I have seen don't have the crinkly wrinkles like the one In the pic. Shape is all there like one though. Im guessing maybe cross bhut/ morich??? only a guess still a very nice looking pod.

It being firm and crunchy would prob be from it being really under ripe

lancecook said:
Not too sure that its a pure Naga Morich all mine and ones I have seen don't have the crinkly wrinkles like the one In the pic. Shape is all there like one though. Im guessing maybe cross bhut/ morich??? only a guess still a very nice looking pod.

It being firm and crunchy would prob be from it being really under ripe

I suppose it could be cross. I'm not sure they care to much to be honest as a naga is a naga to them. :fireball:

The naga in my profile picture is one of the thinner skinned, smoother & slender types they get in. I'm thinking that they are probably more bhut.

Also the one I ate today and the one in my profile pic seem to ripen to an orange colour??... my Dorset naga went from green to black to red. I think the black though was maybe sunburn.

Back