• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Naga Morich!!!

My friendly local beer seller came back from Bangladesh, so straight from the source these seeds are!!!!! Only one problem, mold, I just did a H202 soak and got maybe 20 viable seeds. Fingers and toes are crossed, I ate some of the dried pods OMG awesome heat and flavor.

Nagas are one of my favorite peppers - Great taste and great heat.good luck the good news is you only need one to go to fruit and you will be set.

My friendly local beer seller came back from Bangladesh, so straight from the source these seeds are!!!!! Only one problem, mold, I just did a H202 soak and got maybe 20 viable seeds. Fingers and toes are crossed, I ate some of the dried pods OMG awesome heat and flavor.
You'll probably end up with more viable seeds then 20. The float/sink test isn't 100%. I plant all seeds......germination powder helps soften older stubborn seed hulls. The Naga Morich is one of my favorite chili's to dry and powder.

Good stuff, Maynard!

I just came home from 3 months in India and Nepal. I didn't make it up to Nagaland or over to Bangladesh, but I did collect seeds from 5 different pods I had not seen before. One of them I think is pretty common, but the other four I am thinking might be unique (at least to my collection).

I had a similar problem with mold (I was there during the monsoon), but I am hopeful since the seeds looked a lot more viable after a soaking in bleach. I guess we'll see in a couple weeks, since the first thing I wanted to do was get them in some soil.

PIC 1: I'm right there with you. I bought 4 oz. of the naga powder from Midwest Chileheads earlier this year, and it has been going into almost every spicy dish I make since...

Good stuff, Maynard!

I just came home from 3 months in India and Nepal. I didn't make it up to Nagaland or over to Bangladesh, but I did collect seeds from 5 different pods I had not seen before. One of them I think is pretty common, but the other four I am thinking might be unique (at least to my collection).

I had a similar problem with mold (I was there during the monsoon), but I am hopeful since the seeds looked a lot more viable after a soaking in bleach. I guess we'll see in a couple weeks, since the first thing I wanted to do was get them in some soil.

PIC 1: I'm right there with you. I bought 4 oz. of the naga powder from Midwest Chileheads earlier this year, and it has been going into almost every spicy dish I make since...
Don't soak em in bleach!!! H202 becomes water after a few minutes, bleach is poison!

Back