• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

naganumbness eats the 7pod brainstrain

i have been wanting to try this one since i saw neil do it. i was thrilled to finally be able to try this one. the flavour was 7poddy with a hint of sweetness to it. the burn was close to douglah. i think i'd rank it fourth , possibly 3rd as far as heat goes. this one is a definate grow! then again , i think everyone who doesn't have this one wants it! would make a fantastic powder i think. i'm looking forward to next season. i've heard these plants get big. it was nice to experience the heat without thinking i was going to fall over dead like with the brown 7pod. enjoy

Nice review again Ed glad you got to experience the Brain Strain 7 Pod and realize we weren't kidding about the heat or great flavor. My stomach cramps up just watching you guys eat these superhot strains knowing what the next 24 hours is going to be like. I saw the pain on your face but you seemed to handle the pepper straight for 10 minutes without a break. Happy to hear you are plan on growing the brain strain for yourself next year, also have seed packs available for great trades. Take a pepsi challenge against the naga v-hyper anyday. Good job Ed. :mouthonfire:

thanks for watching cappy! that's one great pepper you've got! i've got 12 seeds right now. and i'm planing them all. mike (beaglestorm) and sean (pooper) both sent me some.(thankyou both)!!! when i joined this website , this one , barrackpore and douglah were must tries and i was fortunate enough to try them all and lots more. this has been a great year. i'm just building my seed stock now. i'd definatley be interested in future trades. also , i'm working on isolation for this year , so as to have plenty of strains available for trade. the naga viper goes down the hatch the first chance i get! no doubt! it's getting hard to rank the heat this late in the year. i will be glad for a break and a fresh start next season! take care cappy!

Good job Ed. You got guts. This is the one that intrigues me the most. I bought some seeds from Cappy and have a few plants sitting under the lights waiting for spring to come and will plant more seeds in January. Thanks for sharing the heat.

thanks chileaddict! this one is really good. the 7pods are awsome! new ones popping up everywhere.thanks for watching sean! DAMMIT! i knew someone was gonna bring up the fact that gaby took it better than i did. it's funny though. when she did it i had not made a single pepper video yet and i wasn't sure that i could do a whole superhot. she did take it like a champ though.

Nice job Ed, can't wait to see you try one of these fresh from a plant during the heat of summer.

That pod came from a plant that was brought indoors after the season here had ended and was over 2 weeks old by the time you ate it. I'm with you though, when they get that hot the difference is minimal and a searing burn is a searing burn, but the flavor is where it's at. :)

Nice Ed! I thought you were done for the year that was a nice bonus to get me excited to start some seed in a few weeks. I agree all the red 7's are very close in taste and in heat. I’m only growing two strains of Red 7’s next year. Barrackpore because it's supposed to be one of the most prolific, and Primo because they look so cool. I also will grow a few of your Savannah 7’s which are just as hot but taste much more mellow and are way easier to eat than any of the of the other red 7’s I have had. I hope they turn out the same next year. Did you notice that the Naga Viper looks just like your Savannah 7 (I smell a copyright infringement LOL):

Another Naga Viper Story

I am growing mostly browns next year, I just love the taste of them. When I started I thought yellow’s were going to be my favorite (In general not just 7’s) but they have become almost too flavorful and floral for my taste. They are hard to use because the food takes on the flowery taste. The Brown flavor, like you already know, is hard to describe but in my opinion… delicious. Rich and nutty is the best I can think of. Only other superhot Red pepper I really really like the flavor of is the Scorpion. I am going to be flooding you with questions in the coming weeks as I try and figure out how to germinate seeds for the first time. I got the basics down but I am sure there will be a bunch of little details I will be curious about.

Ed, you handled that 7 Pod Brain Strain exceptionally well considering it's reputation as a super baddie.;)

And you've tried and bested some of the hottest chile peppers on the planet.

So kudos to you for doing that in such a short span!

Also Beaglestorm, thanks to that list of flavorful peppers in your signature, I have a better idea of what I might want to grow for next year.

As many here have said before , heat is great, but heat plus great flavor is even better.;)

dvg

thanks for sending me this pepper robert! the datils were good too. i think that might be the last test this season but seeds get started in about a month so we'll be in to next season fairly quick. 20 huge plants in my bedroom now(overwintering). i been sleeping on the couch! it's getting hard to rank the heat with 24 tests done this season. hey mike! i was done but i had to try brainstrain. i'll be growing plenty of 7s next season but this one , barrackpore , and the brown are on top of that list along with butch t and douglah. any questions along the way just ask. you gotta get some spray n grow! thanks for watching DVG! it's been a fun year!

Back