• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review NAGASCO hot sauce review

I recently bought 2 Nagasco hot sauce bottles from Swiss "Chilemad" Mich , which is also a veteran member of THP.

I found out that this "upgraded tabasco" :) aka Nagasco is so amazing, really just perfect sauce - that I ordered from Mich several more bottles for me and my family.

Everyone in my family was just so enthusiastic about this product, so I thought to myself that I'd share with you my thoughts on it with this mini-review.

Product name
NAGASCO From: http://www.pepperfriends.ch/shop.html

Ingredients
Naga Morich, Vinegar and Salt

Product picture
Picture posted @ THP forum: http://thehotpepper...._60#entry406736

Picture from recent dinner we had @our home with Nagasco being the main hot sauce

Color
The color of Nagasco is dark red, very dark red similar to wine color.

Presentation
The Nagasco is bottled in one of the most elegant, beautiful battle I ever saw for any hot sauce.
It’s a tall, heavy glass, perfectly sealed bottle.
Just look at this seducing bottle :fireball:

nagasco.jpg

Consistency
Nagasco, like the famous Tabasco sauce is a mix containing vinegar and hot pepper pulp – so you have to shake well the bottle before use in order to mix well the Ingredients.
Once you done that, the sauce is a runny sauce, liquid, with velvet type texture – similar to Tabasco but denser, richer, and less transparent.

Aroma
Nagasco aroma is like a perfume with top notes of wine with slight touch of balsamic vibe leading the way to the base aroma vibe of hot pepper.
Comparing to Tabasco aroma which is (to my nose) very vinegary, the Nagasco is very fruity, pepper- velvety smelling.
Tabasco aroma is sharp whereas Nagasco aroma is smooth, pleasant, and delicate.
I find the aroma of Nagasco somewhat similar to chillipepperpete's "Liquid Fire" (http://www.chillipep...zle_-_60ml.html)

Heat
12/10
Amazing instant heat! One of the hottest things I had (which doesn’t contain extracts).
The heat peaks immediately and lingers for long time. Small amount of Nagasco can send any Chile head to the fridge for a glass of milk :onfire:

Taste
Velvet peppery slight bitter, wrapped with balsamic-wine touch, the Nagasco taste is addicting. Very well balanced taste, and despite the fact that it made with vinegar – you barely notice any vinegar taste (unlike the traditional Tabaco sauce).
I guess the making process of Nagasco results the oak barrel to suck most of the vinegar.

Conclusion
Brilliant product! THE Tabasco like sauce for any serious Chile head.
It's like Tabasco but on steroids, amazing heat punch to your face with velvet touch and texture :party:

BTW, I received from Mich, along with the Nagasco bottles I ordered,various samples of super-hot powder mixes like: Mixed with Rum "Mix Rum", "Special Orange" or "Chocolate Super- Hot".
The powders are best quality I encountered so far. They are pure, grinned so homogeneously, and preserved the hot-pepper taste as if you eat a real pod.

Highly recommended!

Back