misc Name suggestions!!!

We have two new products debuting at the end of the month and still tossing around names.

First item is a Jolokia based traditional jerk sauce/paste. This a a traditional Jamaican jerk sauce with the addition of fresh bhut jolokia peppers to the mix, this is not going to have a hot sauce consistancy. As if that has much to do with the name...

The second is another bhut jolokia hot sauce after the huge success of our 98 Octane ghost pepper reserve. This time we are doubling the amount of jolokia and cooking the sauce further to intensify the outcome with a few other goodies thrown in for fun. So basically a jolokia reduction with extreme heat minus the extracts.

No name has really come to mind for the jerk sauce as of yet. Its playful name is Jerk-lokia. The reduction hot sauce has a thought of "Intimidation", but willing to take thoughts on either product.

Sticking with your racing theme...

Jerk Sauce:
Reggae Racer Jerk Sauce (picture of Rastafarian in race car with flames)

how about sticking with your 98 Octane theme, many events have ratings like earthquakes, tsunmi, tornado etc. "10+ on the Richter", "Catagory 5+".
or take the opposite approach extreme cold burns as well.

thehotpepper.com said:
Sticking with your racing theme...

Jerk Sauce:
Reggae Racer Jerk Sauce (picture of Rastafarian in race car with flames)

the ^^^ race car with a bottle of the sauce inverted/injected into the engine---

and with flames coming off of the dreadlocks flowing in the breeze.........

must be an aussie thing, I don't get it.
at first I thought it was about the internet and all the i-things that are roaming around, my kids what iCarly a tv show and tried to figured out it but nothings coming to me.
mysauce I get, isauce....nope, nothing.

Burning Colon said:
must be an aussie thing, I don't get it.
at first I thought it was about the internet and all the i-things that are roaming around, my kids what iCarly a tv show and tried to figured out it but nothings coming to me.
mysauce I get, isauce....nope, nothing.

It's the name some nerd came up with for a new product from Vegemite, vegemite mixed with cheese. The public here hated the name so they changed it to "Cheeseybites".

http://images.google.com.au/images?...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CBsQsAQwAw

Nova, now I get it, was a regional issue, looks like the power of the people put a lot of pressure on Kraft, to the point of creating negative marketing campaigns against the product.
Tell me, it appears that the iSnack name was somehow chosen by a group that was targeting a younger audience but what group caused the backlash against the name? was it youth, students or the overall nation?
If Kraft released a product here in Canada, I really couldn't see a group of Canadians standing up against it causing a boycott to the point of Krafting changing the name..... now getting Canadians to stand up for anything is a challenge in itself - maybe some lefty university student looking for 5 minutes of fame may create a Facebook account but that would fade soon.

Ive been thinking of names for sauces myself. Anything with the ghost pepper or jolokia I have thought about incorporating phantom somewhere into the name. Hot Head Jerk Sauce? Rasta pepper with traditional jamaican garb and flaming rasta beanie? Ive got a whole bunch of ideas and sketches for different sauce names varieties,a nd just sauce and pepper related stuff in general. My nephew inspires many. Hes only 6 and takes heat like a champ and loves it all. He calls dried jolokias and other nagas lil devil poops cause only satan could make something that hot. And hes 6, so where else would satan produce nuclear hot dried peppers other than his anus!!! lol

I know this thread is kinda old, figured I throw a suggestion out there, To keep with the nascar theme, how bout' "Bump n' Run Jolokia Jerk Sauce"
as far as the new 98 Octane, I would just up the number to 110 Octane on the new hotter one.

I saw Chad of Race City at Peppers, and he had some new sauces, but I don't recall a Jerk sauce. Maybe I just missed it. He did have his 98 Octane as well as 98 Octane Nitro and Intimidator. They were all good. He also had a sauce made with Absenthe! Very interesting, and very different.

JayT said:
I saw Chad of Race City at Peppers, and he had some new sauces, but I don't recall a Jerk sauce. Maybe I just missed it. He did have his 98 Octane as well as 98 Octane Nitro and Intimidator. They were all good. He also had a sauce made with Absenthe! Very interesting, and very different.

Yeah hes got some good sauces, I got a pit pack from him a few months back, they all tasted great, which reminds I need to order some more :)

Thanks all. The new "warmer" jolokia based 98 Octane series has taken off very well especially the Intimidator as has the Absinthe based Green Fairy. I was not pleased enough with the last couple of test batches of the jerk, so I am refining it to get it to that perfect balance of flavor and heat while still making it unique enough to continue our profile

Back