• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Name this pepper

Looking for some help can somebody please tell me the name of this pepper i'm not sure what it is....:crazy:
IMAG0122.jpg

IMAG0121-1.jpg

It was suppose to be a douglah but i'm not sure after i found out i was lied to so i don't know what it really is.....

Update on my mysterious pepper the color got darker,now im really lost,i'm still looking for the right name of this pepper....
IMG_2623.jpg

IMG_2627.jpg

IMG_2624.jpg

Definitely a Douglah, Why show just one pepper after 2 days, thats pretty fast ripeing there! Can we see the plant?

Definitely a Douglah, Why show just one pepper after 2 days, thats pretty fast ripeing there! Can we see the plant?

Its the same pepper from the first picture,it got ripe on me and thats the only pepper i have from the tree after some birds attack the tree. Its starting to flower again so i will do a follow up with some pictures of the tree.Thanks for the info......

I'm seeing a browish/burgandy/maroon colour, not red! :P

I can see some burgundy color on the later pictures now that I look again. The first picture looks completely red to me though. My Douglahs go green > burgundy-brown and then darken a little. Never a red stage in between. Maybe it's just the lighting or something.

Yes mine didn't go through a red stage either, there are different strains of the Douglah going around though.

You could be right, it is more maroon looking than brown,that's why i am asking for information on it i'm not sure but im going by the replys i get.....

You could be right, it is more maroon looking than brown,that's why i am asking for information on it i'm not sure but im going by the replys i get.....

Douglahs always have a maroon tinge to them, they're not completely brown.

The colors look a little different than mine but like Nova said not everyone is going to have exactly the same genetics. If they were labeled as Douglahs and they're maroon then I would say that's probably what you have. :)

Back