• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Nats seedlings

These are my 25 seedlings that I've kept going for this years hydro and soil grows. Within this bunch are Fatilli, Red Savina, 7-Pot, Scorpion, Chocolate Hab and White Bullet.

I'll be adding Super Datils (from AJ), and several others that I'm starting germination on February 1st, including 36 Bhut Jolokia.

It's going to be a very hot summer... :mouthonfire:

(You can see what my master bath is used for...that's the tub with ply wood covering it. I sleep in the guest room...)

am I supposed to imagine that picture Nat (being a smart ass here)

nice looking seedlings Nat....how old are they... (on my way to the nursery to get a couple of bags of Hoffmans Seed Starting Mix)

AlabamaJack said:
nice looking seedlings Nat....how old are they... (on my way to the nursery to get a couple of bags of Hoffmans Seed Starting Mix)
You're going to love this...I germinated those seedlings right about August 1st, 2008. They're about five and a half months old now. I just put ten of them into 3 gallon pots for dirt grows this summer and the others will all be hydro. The ones in the 4" pots are completely root bound. It's a type of passive hydro. I water them until they're soaked with a nutrient mix once a week. It takes them a week to use it all. Then, they're nice and dry and ready for another 24 hour soak. When I put these into the NFT/Drip hydro system outside, they'll take off like bandits.

The 3 gallon ones are going into a raised bed type grow. I'm going to make a 24" x 24" x 24" open ended box on top of the ground. I'll fill it with a good quality top soil and put those 10 plants into those; one plant per/unit.

The hydro method is a modified NFT combined with a drip to each plant location. Both the NFT and Drip will run 24/7 with a nutrient solution that will be adjusted as the plant matures and fruits.

This years crops are to examine and calculate the needed nutrient strengths and contents. 2010 will be a full blown commercial grow using what this years experiments show as a best process.

That's a dual 125 watt CFL above them. (250 watt total)

Look out.....the Flame Train is coming. :mouthonfire:

Back