pests Natural Pest Control or how to mace yourself

First year I ever had problems with aphids indoors.  Used my standard outdoor approach.  I simmered super hots in water, filled a spray bottle, and had at it.  With aphids, you want to get up under the leaves and rince them off with the spray.  So the effort takes a bit of time.

After about five minutes, my eyes were watering.  Ten minutes and I felt like I'd just attended an Occupy protest.  Complete with bloody nose, snot running everywhere, eyes almost glued shut.

I am an idiot.  Aphids gone.  They migrated to other parts of the house where i killed them good with no so organic stuff.  But I am an idiot.

Hah, I know a few others. There's a few growers on a couple of cannabis forums that have planted super hots over the past few monthes to harvest for pods and pesticide. A large percentage haven't eaten anything hotter than a jalapeno, maybe a habanero. I'ma just wait and watch the stories pop up :D

Awwwww. I hope you're feeling better today!

Could you do a dunk instead? I've read about dunking indoor plants in soapy water for aphids.

Rymerpt n Reader, have read that just rincing them off works for aphids but I usually spray outside things with the pepper juice asa propholactic also.  It just never occurred to me that I was in an enclosed area.  Feeling very stupid.  Wife was very amused.

Miguolovic, cool thing about the weed growers is they often have great advise for growing just about anything.  The more money in something, the better people figure out how to do it.  That and when it comes to pesticide, if you are going to smoke something I imagein it has to be very, very, very safe and chemical free.  Smoke goes into your blood stream much faster than when you eat something.

Back