• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

dried Naturally dried pods

Hello all, gotta quick question for you.  I had put some Sri Lanka Chile Red pods in a bowl and let them dry out naturally.  I did nothing to them, just let them sit in a bowl at room temp for a period of time and they all dried out.  But, some seem off colored and I wonder if it is because of rot combined with drying out.  Here are some pics.  In the first pic, these pods look fine, nice and red.

MGu7w4p.jpg

Now these pods were also in the same bowl, probably red, but maybe green to start out with. The off colors make me think they may have experienced some rot.  What do you think?  They did dry this color and have been this way since drying out.

KWywb7J.jpg

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Ben

Same discoloration on some of my air-dried thaï and cayennes too but nosign of rot/mold inside the pods. 

I think the pods in the first pic look perfect...note really sure about the second picture...color looks off putting but im sure they are fine.....as dragonsfire mentioned ...no mold.
I like to sun dry pods....they seem to have a better flavor than dehydrated.
When I do sun dry....I like to put a small slice in each pepper really helps speed up the drying process.

hi
The first photo the chili's are ok
The second one almost certainly are mold inside why? lots of hypothesis like still abit green is to take, the temperature drop or they get humidity or you put in a plastic container and they still not well drained...

Back