• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Nausea and Stomach Pain

First off, my question isn't why this happened as much as will this always happen? I knew that super hot sauces could make people throw up. It makes sense. But seriously... what the hell?

I was just eating with a bunch of hot sauce I like. Although I must admit that I had more than I usually would, but I've been building up my tolerance. 100,000 scovilles is still nice but it definitely is not overwelming anymore. I finished the sauce, felt the heat and the chills, it melted off to the point that my lips were barely tingling. Then out of no where I felt a little nauseous... then very nauseous. As I reached the bathroom the pain stuck. So then I just laid on my bed in a mix of nausea and stomach pain for at least ten minutes straight. I still feel funny. What the hell? So I have a strong mouth and a weak stomach? Is this normal? Is it always going to be this way? And has this been an issue with anyone else? Specifically have you had hot sauce that tasted fine but killed your stomach?

Grass Snake said:
Happens to the best of them. More likely to happen on an empty stomach.
Thanks for the response! Oh..... Well shoot. That explains a lot. I was doing some light snacking but I hadn't really eaten since my light lunch. Noted. Thanks!  :P

Nausea? Stomach pain is one thing but nausea is something else. I haven't ever heard of capsaicin causing nausea. Was it just this one time? If so, then it might be whatever you ate with the sauce. I am thinking food poisoning of some sort? If it happens consistently, don't give up, just take it easy.

I usually get stomach cramps after eating sauces with extract (no nausea though), got cramps after bowers yesterday but I was eating sauce on an empty stomach all day and a few of them were way over 6 million SVU, it happens sometimes, I remember somebody on here a few years back getting so sick from an extract they went to the hospital

Pepper Princess said:
Thanks for the response! Oh..... Well shoot. That explains a lot. I was doing some light snacking but I hadn't really eaten since my light lunch. Noted. Thanks!  :P

This is definitely part of your problem. Have some carbs in your belly next time.
As for strong mouth weak stomach, I find anything that doesn't kill me and even a lot of what does will sit fine once it's down so I guess I have the inverse.

Back