• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Need a Cheap List of the Following

Starter Seed Kit
Warming Mat
Large Pots
Grow Lights/Lamps
Fan -Got this so ignore this-

Where can I get these items cheap?

I am growing indoors permanently and will need a list of the cheapest but working possible

Do you plan on containing the grow? There's a number of affordable grow tents online which make growing indoors "cleaner" if you will then say growing in a closet (nothing wrong with that, go where the space is).

These guys here have a lot of what you're looking for at decent prices, eBay works too. http://www.htgsupply.com/ I'd use the internetz for light fixtures/tents as opposed to a local grow/hydro shop just for the price savings. That said, I try to use my local grow shop for ferts/bulbs/pots etc.

You can get pots anywhere, Lowes/Home Depot if you don't have any specialty stores.

Do you have any idea what type of lighting you're going to use? Sounds like you're just getting rolling, try a T5 CFL fixture to start, it'll support a handful of healthy plants and you won't have to worry about the heat/cooling needs of a HPS/MH bulb.

Good luck!

Once they get older will they need a different type of light?

You can still maintain the same T5 fixture but I recommend switching at least a few of the bulbs to a spectrum that's condusive to fruiting.

Vegatative growth, 6400k
Fruiting, 2700/3000k

There are some folks who stick with 6400k bulbs throughout, I've found a blend of the two bulbs once the plant is mature enough and producing flowers works best for me. HPS/MH doesn't require any adjustment. The CFL bulbs are cheap, last a long while, and use little energy but don't put out the lumens of an HPS bulb. For a small grow, they work fine.

Check the Show us your Ghetto growing gear Thread in Grow Tech - ( http://thehotpepper.com/topic/26985-show-us-your-ghetto-growing-gear/ ) many suggestions and great setups in there !

Back