• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

fertilizer need a fertilizer recommendation - for foliage growth

Hi folks,
My plants are now 7 weeks old; in two weeks they will be transplanted outside. They are all doing pretty well, but are not as leafy as desired. I have been using Neptune's fish/seaweed at 2/3 strength. I would really like to give them a feeding now that's aimed at foliage growth but that is mild enough that 7 week old seedlings can handle. I would love to be able to get something like this at a Home Depot, Target, etc. I saw a "house plant food" bottle of Miracle Grow at Target yesterday, but it had weird numbers, like 24-7-13. I need a product that will be a balanced fertilizer with a foliage focus, already proven on peppers. Would appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks!

Nitrogen promotes foliage growth, so that should work. Don't expect any miracles though, two weeks is not a long time;)

Neptune's fish/seaweed is excellent, the best I have used thus far. It will help keep your plants green and healthy, and grow at a healthy pace. I water and spray with it.

You could find Scotts fertilizer 10-10-10 at your local home improvement store. If you're looking for more nitrogen I'd try bone or blood meal. With blood meal all you get is nitrogen, so if you're looking for more then that go with the bone.

Back