• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Need a lil help here plz!

What is the best way to clean ur hands after handling about 3lbs of peppers i dont wanna burn my sons i already burn myself and it really hurts sometimes not to mention i even wear gloves lol....but seriously anyone know of what takes the oils off ur hands the best?

edit what kind of gloves you wearing? maybe you need some thicker gloves like dish washing gloves? Ive never had that problem when wearing gloves

Nitral gloves. Cap will seep through latex if you are doin a bunch at once. Switch out gloves after a little while if you are on a processing marathon. Wash everything in extremely hot water. Dawn works great, as does the rubbing alcohol. It's best for porous surfaces to have things only used for capsaicin processing, such as your cutting board.

Yeah, nitrile gloves work best, IMO. But if you happen to get them on your bare hands anyhow.... Dawn is fairly good, but I've found a combo of dawn and liquid hand soap from Bath & Body Works works best, and I always wash at least 3 times. In cases where that still doesn't cut it, try GooGone - it's made from orange peel oil, and the oil/oil combo seems to work. Wash your hands after using that, too.

KingChile said:
u serious about the rubbing alcohol?

Yep, tried it once after processing a bunch of Thai peppers without gloves.  Tried the scientific tongue test after, and couldn't detect any heat...

Nitrile gloves do work better.

geeme said:
Yeah, nitrile gloves work best, IMO. But if you happen to get them on your bare hands anyhow.... Dawn is fairly good, but I've found a combo of dawn and liquid hand soap from Bath & Body Works works best, and I always wash at least 3 times. In cases where that still doesn't cut it, try GooGone - it's made from orange peel oil, and the oil/oil combo seems to work. Wash your hands after using that, too.
Thanks G. I forgot about the bath and body. For some reason that stuff seems to cut right through it.

megahot said:
edit what kind of gloves you wearing? maybe you need some thicker gloves like dish washing gloves? Ive never had that problem when wearing gloves
I was wearing medical kinda gloves lol.....the chiles still some how seep thru or something and always burn my fingers and hands still but i dont care about me just wanna know if there is stuff really good at gettin it off ur hands bcuz i have a 1 year old and 3 year old and i dont wanna burn them cuz i know it hurts me sometimes i know it will REALLY hurt them

There are food prep ones at Wally World that are nitral. 50 for 3 or 4 bucks or so. They are with the cleaning supplies. Never had an issue using those.

If you are super sensitive to the capsaicin or wear contact lenses, you will remove all oils from your hands by washing your hands with dish liquid and cold water, dry hands, then pour rubbing alcohol into your hands and move around as if you are washing them. Then wash hands with the dish liquid and cold water again. It will work every time.

Back