misc Need a lil help......

I have been making my own sauces, maranades and meat rubs for a long time now. I have my recipes written down. My friends and family love my BBQ sauce and tell me I should bottle awnd sell it. I have been told that for years. Now I want to start making, bottling and selling my sauces. I just am not sure what I have to do. I know how to bottle it by using the Pressure Canning and Water-Bath Canning methods. I just don't know about the FDA and Health Dept. I want to make and bottle the stuff my self. Any pointers?

OK I just got off the phone with the people at ACEnet. I have an appointment for Oct 24th to go meet with them. I have to take samples of my product and recipes with me. They tell me that I will be meeting with the head Food Scientist. They are sending me out a pack with rates and info for me to go over and they said they will explain and go over the rates with me at the meeting. They are also going to give me a tour of the Thermal Processing Facility that I will be useing. According to what they tell me....I will be making my own product using their equipment so I will be in full control of my product as they are not a co-paker. The only draw back is, is that the facility is about 3 1/2 hours away from me and according to the Ohio Department of Agriculture this is the only approved facility like this in Ohio. So here we go and let the fun begin!!!!!

Like I had said before, I am new to this biz. and now this brings up another question.....What type of Liability Insurance do I need to have?

Back