• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Need advice!

Hello friends!!

We moved into our new home in November, and having not spent warm months here yet I am unaware of the soil foundations here. When I planted my peppers I did cover the existing soil with a blend of manure, top soil, and miracle grow type soil (this is the mix I successfully use every year).

I planted about 8 plants in a retaining wall area (all ghost) and about 8 in beds along the side of the house (moruga). In each plot there is 1 plant that isn't growing like the others and always looks "sad" (yes, that's a technical term!) . They've been in the ground for 6 weeks.

Here's my Question: Should I move them? Is it to late in the game to move them? Is there something else I can do to save them?

Thanks in advance
Xo nicole

I think moving them is like repoting, so I would say is ok.
Maybe some pictures would be helpful for other experienced guys around here, to give more proper support (about the reason of pepper sadness).

i dont see any harm in moving them, it would be the same as transplanting as rghm1u20 said.  pictures would be great as well, we all love pictures  :D

chia_pepper_sad.gif

^like that? :P

Are the leaves droopy? Is the plant smaller?

Well there is a difference. When you pot up plants, you know the root structure ends at the pot wall. When you dig up a plant you run the risk of root damage. You could probably expose the roots by hand to see what your dealing with. That being said Ive hacked roots up pretty good and the plants do fine. Try one. Give it a week or two and make the call.

Good luck!

Back