• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

NEED HELP ASAP: my roots are turning "red-ish brown" ?

hello

i germinated a couple of cayenne and a couple of ornamental peppers

but all the cayenne roots turned brown-red

so i threw them away

but now some of the ornamental peppers are turning red-ish brown (roots only)

so i am wondering if it is supposed to or if they are dying ?

pics soon

I'm with hittman...why can you see the roots? I know the STEMS usually turn a purplish kinda color. But no idea on the roots.

he posted in yaargs thread a while back wanting to know that hydroponics is, so i think its logical to assume hes running some sort of DWC setup.
noob question: what is hydro :)

lol i am just starting this grow thing and i am 14 years old :):):)

but i have to say ... it is a lot disappointing everyday you check for the plants if they sprouted but they didn't (lol i know it takes long but the fact that you have to check everyday creates hope , and then the hope is gone xD)

in any case i think were going to need additional information to help out

if i lift my dwc plant to look at the roots they are brownish in colour, i can see some white but over time they take on a brownish hue, the seedlings start out white in the rockwool until they reach the chemical pool....i mean water. (scotch bonnet and fatalii for my mature plants in dwc)

he posted in yaargs thread a while back wanting to know that hydroponics is, so i think its logical to assume hes running some sort of DWC setup.

in any case i think were going to need additional information to help out

Ahhhh that never even crossed my mind.

I was having success with hydroponic strength hydrogen peroxide, but when i placed my eggplant in its seperate bucket, it has been suffering from root rot, and I can't get a handle on it, but the rest of the plant is healthy, just slow growing (mostly from lack of heat, not very warm in that room) I will try some more h2o2. Other thing I can think of is maybe the bucket wasn't disinfected well enough. Anyways, if they are just startng to turn, try some hydrogen peroxide.

no no no guys i started new seeds they germinated then i left them and i traveled for 5 days when i got back they were little plants with the seed cap on top.

then a day later they started to get brown-red
:)

no no no guys i started new seeds they germinated then i left them and i traveled for 5 days when i got back they were little plants with the seed cap on top.

then a day later they started to get brown-red

Well, 5 days without water might do them in. :( Yes, pics would be helpful.

You seem to have the germination figured out, now just need to get them growing. Keep them moist especially in the beginning, but water them gently.

Is this a school project for you? Growing peppers in Kuwait would be awesome.

Good luck!... :cool:

Hey hnakhi,
I talked to briefly in chat a couple days ago. It sounded like you left your sprouts in a paper towel and bag for too long. I usually transfer the seeds to dirt as soon as I notice a root poking out of the seed. Check them daily in the bag. They can't live very long with no air after they sprout a root. Good luck.

Back