• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

plant Need help identifing my chili plant

I received some chiles from a friend at work and they resemble the piquin chile.... So in february I started my plant from seed... Any help would be apreciated in identifing my plant... As of right now its called chile de memo.. named after my friend who gave me the chilis

as to the hotness, i would say it rivals the tepin n piquin chilis.... in a short time i will have pics of the chilis cause it looks like my flowers will be droppin pretty soon on my plant....

DSC02858.jpg

Heres some pics folks....

DSC02856.jpg

DSC02850.jpg

DSC02848.jpg

DSC02805.jpg

This was about a month ago.....

Ive grown both Tepin and piquin chili plants before and this one is a little bit different than the both plants...

The most obvious answer at this point.... C. annuum "Goat's Weed"??

Are the immature pods purple/black in colour?

http://fataliiphoto.net/main.php?g2_view=title.Contain&g2_chars=Goat%27s+Weed

The only thing is though, to my knowledge, the fruits of Goat's Weed are much larger than Piquin....

DSC02868.jpg

This is the immature pod on my plant right now.... No purple or black in this pod... All green pod here... In a week or two i will post another pic of this pod and the ones that are following this one...

We could also be looking at an F1 hybrid too... Is pubescence a dominate trait?

I can't think of many hairy Annuums...

Doesn't look like a serrano to me.

Can you describe the pod shape at maturity?

leaf shape and nodes do look annum-ish, and yet the hair makes me think pubescent.

If you look closely at the flowers, there is a touch of gold near the tips... Would like to see another picture under different lighting...

The plant holds the peppers differently than the goats weed as well.

Goats weed points them up, these dangle.

The plant holds the peppers differently than the goats weed as well.

Goats weed points them up, these dangle.

Maybe I missed something?

This is the immature pod on my plant right now.... No purple or black in this pod... All green pod here... In a week or two i will post another pic of this pod and the ones that are following this one...

By the looks of it, Goat's Weed pods do start off green before they turn black:

http://fataliiphoto.net/main.php?g2_view=title.Contain&g2_chars=Goat%27s+Weed&g2_itemId=17629

Back